The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
There are indepedent people. I respect a woman that can handle herself and be her own. However, some men like to feel and be needed.

Well we do need men sometimes for like emotional support
Original post by tiarichards16
Well we do need men sometimes for like emotional support

Yeah
Yeah

I guess I don't know how open to be in a relationship :colondollar:
I guess I don't know how open to be in a relationship :colondollar:

I understand. I think you have to be careful with whom you really open up to. I agree that some men can be sly, but some women have to be careful.

You have to make sure the dude has earned your trust before you can open up.

I think this goes both ways. All the best.
It does not say anything about me. I see 5 eggs as 5 growing babies. Nobody’s life is better or more important than another’s.

Except for when it comes to organ donors. By your logic, everyone should be in jail for murder
I understand. I think you have to be careful with whom you really open up to. I agree that some men can be sly, but some women have to be careful.

You have to make sure the dude has earned your trust before you can open up.

I think this goes both ways. All the best.

That is a good point as my past relationships I've been f*cked around so I find it quite hard to trust people
Original post by cherryred90s
Except for when it comes to organ donors. By your logic, everyone should be in jail for murder

No, i believe that murderers should receive the death penalty.
That is a good point as my past relationships I've been f*cked around so I find it quite hard to trust people

Yeah, i think we trust to quickly nowadays. Maybe it is our desparate need to not be alone that makes us fall in traps.

You see a man or woman in a very toxic relationship but they choose to remain there due to the fear of being alone.

Even better. If we went by your logic, there’d be none of us left
(edited 6 years ago)
Even better. If we went by your logic, there’d be none of us left

There are 7 billion people on earth. We need to reduce the population.
There are 7 billion people on earth. We need to reduce the population.

Ok
Ok

Yeah.

But there are innocent people in prison?
Original post by loveleest
But there are innocent people in prison?

I think the whole concept of imprisonment and judgement is crazy esp in the West.
I think the whole concept of imprisonment and judgement is crazy esp in the West.

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

Prison is where they said anyone. You rape a woman, prison. You commit robbery, prison. You commit a heinous murder, prison. There is no gradation to the types of crime people do and consequences.

I think vicious crimes like murder should get the death penalty, while “small” crimes like non-violent burglary should require repayment and judicial corporal punishment that does not lead to death.
Prison is where they said anyone. You rape a woman, prison. You commit robbery, prison. You commit a heinous murder, prison. There is no gradation to the types of crime people do and consequences.

I think vicious crimes like murder should get the death penalty, while “small” crimes like non-violent burglary should require repayment and judicial corporal punishment that does not lead to death.

...That didn't address my point? There are innocent people that have been in prison/are in prison. My brother stayed in prison for 6 months for a murder he didn't commit. If he got convicted do you think he should have got the death penalty?

I used to be for the death penalty, until I become "woke" and found that the death penalty in America was used as an oppressive system for black Americans. Many of them were sent to prison for no reason and the incarnation rates were high for Black Americans due to police wrongfully charging them and then eventually convicting them and then putting them on death row for crimes they did not do. Not to mention- Death penalty is an easy way out.
...That didn't address my point? There are innocent people that have been in prison/are in prison. My brother stayed in prison for 6 months for a murder he didn't commit. If he got convicted do you think he should have got the death penalty?

I used to be for the death penalty, until I become "woke" and found that the death penalty in America was used as an oppressive system for black Americans. Many of them were sent to prison for no reason and the incarnation rates were high for Black Americans due to police wrongfully charging them and then eventually convicting them and then putting them on death row for crimes they did not do. Not to mention- Death penalty is an easy way out.

I am sorry to read about your brother and I understand the difficulty of some cases with a murder charge. I think those who are innocent of the crime are very few and I think there should be indepth analysis of the crime before the death sentence.

Obviously, your brother should not have been in jail and I think this was a very wrong case. I also acknowledge the institutionally racist approach used in the U.S. against blacks and other ethnic minorities. As the U.S. is such a radical anomaly, i do not think that should be viewed as a model for the death penalty, which is for the most vicious of crimes. For example, the guy who killed 17 people in the US this week should definitely get death.

There are several countries still using the death penalty

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-international-perspective
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Men also have a lot to blame for. Most men today don't act like men at all,they're very feminine. It very difficult to find a manly man in this day and age

Can you blame the men when these days women swoon over guys like Justin Nieber and One direction ?
I am sorry to read about your brother and I understand the difficulty of some cases with a murder charge. I think those who are innocent of the crime are very few and I think there should be indepth analysis of the crime before the death sentence.

Obviously, your brother should not have been in jail and I think this was a very wrong case. I also acknowledge the institutionally racist approach used in the U.S. against blacks and other ethnic minorities. As the U.S. is such a radical anomaly, i do not think that should be viewed as a model for the death penalty, which is for the most vicious of crimes. For example, the guy who killed 17 people in the US this week should definitely get death.

There are several countries still using the death penalty

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-international-perspective

It's fine, thank you- I just wanted to let you know how ridiculously easy it is for someone to get charged for murder and convicted. I was reading the other day about some guy that got convicted for murder for 21 years and he was on the other side of the state in America. Many police officers just charge people with extremely little evidence, to get the case over and done with.

Yeah I understand. People that are mass murderers like the school shooter might as well get it, I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending