The Student Room Group

40 000 posts, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

:party:
1. Did you celebrate Chinese New Year?
2. Favourite book that hasn't been turned into a film? :smile:
3. Favourite sport (to watch or to play)
4. Country you would most like to visit?
5. Best colour of curtain?
Original post by ByronicHero
-- Hi everyone, my name is TLG and I'm a forum addict :moon:

Luckily, I post relatively infrequently now so am only limping towards it very slowly :lol:

I seem to recall the highest number of posts being ~60k by someone I had (strangely) rarely ever seen post, so at least there are others more afflicted than you :tongue:

Was gonna say, haven't seen you on here in a while, but wasn't sure if that was just my memory playing up :shakecane:

And that's good to know :colondollar:
Reply 22

Luckily, I post relatively infrequently now so am only limping towards it very slowly :lol:

I seem to recall the highest number of posts being ~60k by someone I had (strangely) rarely ever seen post, so at least there are others more afflicted than you :tongue:

L'Evil Fish

(courtesy of @04MR17 :smile: )

@L'Evil Fish :wink:
Reply 24

Ha I beat you :wink:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Was gonna say, haven't seen you on here in a while, but wasn't sure if that was just my memory playing up :shakecane:

And that's good to know :colondollar:

I post occasionally, boredom and level of inebriation depending. Things change and the world keeps turning, yet still here we are :facepalm2:

:lol: Indeed!

In your defence, you have legitimately been a student for the entire time you've been here right?
I post occasionally, boredom and level of inebriation depending. Things change and the world keeps turning, yet still here we are :facepalm2:

:lol: Indeed!

In your defence, you have legitimately been a student for the entire time you've been here right?

Haha, I haven't actually! I had 2 years out between my MA ending and starting my PhD! :ninja:
Original post by Notnek
Ha I beat you :wink:

Within the same minute,:colonhash:
Original post by Notnek
L'Evil Fish

(courtesy of @04MR17 :smile: )

Yes, that's them. I suppose they were prolific after I had already stopped posting regularly, but when someone has 60k posts I would have thought I'd have seen rather more of them than I ever did :dontknow:
Just why
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HateOCR
Just why
Because I had 39 999 and then I made another post.:wink:
Reply 31
Yes, that's them. I suppose they were prolific after I had already stopped posting regularly, but when someone has 60k posts I would have thought I'd have seen rather more of them than I ever did :dontknow:

The fish posted loads in Study Help, which could be why you didn't see as much of them as e.g. someone who makes the majority of their posts in Chat.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Haha, I haven't actually! I had 2 years out between my MA ending and starting my PhD! :ninja:

I would denigrate you, but I'd be being rather hypocritical. I tell myself that I stick around to help people with their applications, career questions and such. In reality, I mostly drunkenly post random music videos in the music threads and glance disapprovingly at what has become of the MHoC :facepalm:
I would denigrate you, but I'd be being rather hypocritical. I tell myself that I stick around to help people with their applications, career questions and such. In reality, I mostly drunkenly post random music videos in the music threads and glance disapprovingly at what has become of the MHoC :facepalm:

:teehee:
and glance disapprovingly at what has become of the MHoC :facepalm:
This I can understand.:sadnod:
Original post by Notnek
The fish posted loads in Study Help, which could be why you didn't see as much of them as e.g. someone who makes the majority of their posts in Chat.

I've never been overly interested in that area of TSR, so that would make sense. I commend them for amassing such a tally making (presumably) helpful posts then :h:
Reply 36
Original post by 04MR17
1) What a question! A few come to mind. Despite it being years ago I remember writing this post. Then there's this post (and thread) which I think is my highest repped post (EDIT: actually not, my answer to #2 is higher:lol:). This one has personal significance. Too many to name, but there's some highlights.:smile:

Great choices :smile:

2) Outside of the recycle bin, this post, which is factually incorrect but I don't care much since it got me a fair chunk of rep.:tongue:

How about inside the recycle bin :teeth:

3) I made another post after this thread, before you saw.:wink:

That was a damn quick post.
Original post by Notnek
Great choices :smile:

How about inside the recycle bin :teeth:

That was a damn quick post.
:innocent:

I'd rather not be told off (again) by the ST I insulted on Christmas Eve 2016.:redface:

:cyber:

Quick Reply

Latest