The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History Paper 1 & Paper 2 8145 - 04 & 08 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Hi,
How's everyone finding History right now perosnally I'm hoping and praying for low grade boundaries. There's just so much to learn!!!

Scroll to see replies

So I was wondering how everyone was doing in history at the moment? I'm studying Nazi Germany, WW1, Medicine and Norman England. I'm not doing terrible but I'm not sure how everyone else was doing - specifically in their mocks? I've done mine but I don't know what I got yet, how did you guys do?
YOUR GOOD AT HISTORY LENA THO!! But there's so much to remember for medicine like pls end history now
Hi,

Studying the same topics as you and did really bad in mocks. I get mostly 7s and 8s and I got a 3. We have to take the grade boundaries with a pinch of salt, as they are not official and are made up by your school. Since Mocks, I have been attending revision classes twice a week for history and my answers are getting much better. Is it the content or the question's structure that you struggle with?
I'm doing WW1, USA 1920-1973, Power and the People and Norman England. I got a 5 in my mocks but I didnt fully commit myself to revising and I know i can get much better. I struggle with answering exam questions the most, I cant seem to get the right content in there.
Original post by OliverEverard
Hi,

Studying the same topics as you and did really bad in mocks. I get mostly 7s and 8s and I got a 3. We have to take the grade boundaries with a pinch of salt, as they are not official and are made up by your school. Since Mocks, I have been attending revision classes twice a week for history and my answers are getting much better. Is it the content or the question's structure that you struggle with?

I normally get 8s but I've definitely messed up my Nazi Germany mock simply because I stressed myself out. Medicine by far is my weakest, and Nazi Germany is my strongest but ugh I just have no clue how I'm going to do in my actual exam which irritates me!
Original post by lenalong02
I normally get 8s but I've definitely messed up my Nazi Germany mock simply because I stressed myself out. Medicine by far is my weakest, and Nazi Germany is my strongest but ugh I just have no clue how I'm going to do in my actual exam which irritates me!

I have mist of the course covered in PowerPoint's for medicine if you want? Also a booklet for how to answer medicine questions.
I have mist of the course covered in PowerPoint's for medicine if you want? Also a booklet for how to answer medicine questions.

Yes please omg that would be SO helpful!
Original post by lenalong02
Yes please omg that would be SO helpful!

do you have a school email?

I do, but I don't use it, so just use my normal one please pm me

just send somthing to:

[email protected]

and i'll send them all over.

I just need to finish modern medicine, two slides left 😂😂
Original post by Ella-Dunleavy01
Hi,
How's everyone finding History right now perosnally I'm hoping and praying for low grade boundaries. There's just so much to learn!!!

You dont have to learn everything.

Revision notes and mind maps reduce it down to core content.

Exam technique shows you what you need to know.

Dont panic.

My best advice is just read the question twice and understand what they are asking, then provide that answer.
I'm doing Democracy & Dictatorship (Weimar & Nazi Germany), WW1, Medicine and Elizabethan England.

I achieved a 9 in the recent exam and I've begun to properly revise but I'm struggling to find good resources for WW1.

At the moment, I'm only really using my year 9 class notes and odd things I find online, seeing as the topic isn't included in any revision guide and there isn't a textbook for it.

Anyone else with the same problem?
Original post by louishill1
I'm doing Democracy & Dictatorship (Weimar & Nazi Germany), WW1, Medicine and Elizabethan England.

I achieved a 9 in the recent exam and I've begun to properly revise but I'm struggling to find good resources for WW1.

At the moment, I'm only really using my year 9 class notes and odd things I find online, seeing as the topic isn't included in any revision guide and there isn't a textbook for it.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Damn, congrats on the 9! How many marks did you get (or just the percentage)?
Which topics are you doing ?
Original post by Ella-Dunleavy01
Hi,

I'm aiming for an 8 and so far am stable. I suggest printing out the specification from the AQA website and just note & flashcard making for each of the subtopics from the aqa approved gcse history books from class. my teacher posts them on dynamic learning for me to note & flashcard make from them in my free time as an extra thing I asked from her. ask your teacher to do that if you want
Original post by whateverisaround
Which topics are you doing ?

Medicine through time, Nazi Germany, Conflict and Tension and Norman England how about you??
Original post by durararara
I'm aiming for an 8 and so far am stable. I suggest printing out the specification from the AQA website and just note & flashcard making for each of the subtopics from the aqa approved gcse history books from class. my teacher posts them on dynamic learning for me to note & flashcard make from them in my free time as an extra thing I asked from her. ask your teacher to do that if you want

Yeah thats a really good idea what topics are you studying?
America 1920-1973, Elizabethan England , WW1 and Power and The People .
Original post by whateverisaround
America 1920-1973, Elizabethan England , WW1 and Power and The People .

Sounds good how do you revise ww1 it's all flashcards for me tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending