The Student Room Group

Comedy series that you don't find funny

Comedy is the most subjective genre - something that might be absolutely hilarious to one person might be completely lost on another. Or, perhaps the writing is just so terrible that nobody's laughing.

Which (so-called) comedy series do nothing for you? :indiff:

The one that stands out for me (having aired just before I effectively gave up TV in 2010) is the BBC sitcom Big Top... and judging by the IMDB score and reviews, I wasn't alone! Amanda Holden's acting was dreadful in this.

Scroll to see replies

Appreciating I'll have haters now but I just don't like The Office.:nope:
Reply 2
The Big Bang theory is bone dry humour.
Friends
Reply 4
Original post by Monclér

Yeah that’s dead now.
Reply 5
Friends.

I started watching it for the first time recently when it got added to Netflix and I can't say it's that good. I really tried to get into it but I only watch it now if I'm eating or something and just want something quick to watch.

Also Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I've never encountered a more annoying character than Kimmy in my entire life.
Not Going Out *shudder*
Big bang theory and two and half men.
Friends and the Big Bang Theory are the main ones that do nothing for me. However, Only Fools and Horses never fails me. "Watching" is a really funny Liverpool comedy from the 1980s/90s. I just don't find the American comedies funny, I only get British humour
Original post by Monclér

Original post by hannahh.08
Friends

Original post by Rum Ham
Friends.

Original post by Amanzhol
Not Going Out *shudder*

Yes yes and yes.
How I met Your Mother
Big Bang

These are for the young as an adult I like comedies like Frasier, Cheers, Will & Grace.
Original post by 04MR17

:hand:

how can you not find the stapler in the jelly funny ? :redface:
Reply 12
big bang theory, friends, new girl, girls, the us office (the uk one is fantastic), family guy, miranda, mrs browns boys, rick and morty. probably missing out loads
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17

uk or us version?
Original post by blawan
uk or us version?
US version is better than the UK version which I dislike more. Still not a huge fan of the US one but the first aid scene made me howl.:laugh:
BBT - just repetitive boring childish humour

Friends is the best!
Original post by Amanzhol
Not Going Out *shudder*

whyyy?

Original post by blawan
big bang theory, friends, new girl, girls, the us office (the uk one is fantastic), family guy, miranda, mrs browns boys, rick and morty. probably missing out loads

agree with the rest, but why miranda?
Original post by brendarob
Friends and the Big Bang Theory are the main ones that do nothing for me. However, Only Fools and Horses never fails me. "Watching" is a really funny Liverpool comedy from the 1980s/90s. I just don't find the American comedies funny, I only get British humour

tbh I used to be the same, only rlly liked British humour. however....have you seen the simpsons or frasier?? They're the 2 comedies (shown a lot in the UK too) that actually never fail to make me laugh. plus frasier is so posh it's almost british-esque
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
tbh I used to be the same, only rlly liked British humour. however....have you seen the simpsons or frasier?? They're the 2 comedies (shown a lot in the UK too) that actually never fail to make me laugh. plus frasier is so posh it's almost british-esque

They don't make me laugh either

Quick Reply

Latest