The Student Room Group

A-levels for veterinary courses?

I've taken biology and chemistry as i'm sure those are the necessary ones however is maths important? will universities look past my application if I don't choose maths? I say this because I really hate maths and although I do fairly well in it I would rather take English literature or a language, is this acceptable to do?
(edited 6 years ago)
If you "really hate" Maths, then please, DO NOT take it! Studying a subject you don't like for 1.5 years is impossible. You've got what's required, Biology and Chemistry. No uni will give a flying **** about what your third subject is!
Reply 2
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
If you "really hate" Maths, then please, DO NOT take it! Studying a subject you don't like for 1.5 years is impossible. You've got what's required, Biology and Chemistry. No uni will give a flying **** about what your third subject is!

thank u!!
Original post by Harry171
thank u!!

No worries!
As everyone else will tell you on the veterinary forum just google the entrance requirements for where you want to apply
But no UK universities offering D100 ask for maths or take any interest in a candidate having it. There is no real application for such a subject within the course and you would be considered no differently to someone with a drama, art, history or any other A level as their 3rd option.

Quick Reply

Latest