The Student Room Group

Anyone who got A/A* in biology/chemistry alevel how did you do it ?

AS ABOVE ^^^^ :smile:
Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Work, work, work, work, work, work
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
AS ABOVE ^^^^ :smile:
Thank you in advance.

Hey I haven't actually done the exams yet but I'm going for an A* (fingers crossed) and I'm doing this:
Chemistry
For chem, I use Snaprevise to learn content before the lesson (helps me understand the lesson better- chem isn't my strongest subject)! When I revise, I go back over the videos and I use chemrevise and Dr Boes notes for revision. When I have understand the content, I learn and memorise it! Next, I apply my knowledge. I go to the OCR textbook to see if I have left anything out. I then do the OCR Summary Questions and have a flick through the CGP ones! Then, I go to PMT and do the past paper questions by topic! Finally, I do the Practice Questions in the textbook for the new spec, mark them and go over any I have got wrong!

Taken from another post hope it helps! How do you revise?:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Hey I haven't actually done the exams yet but I'm going for an A* (fingers crossed) and I'm doing this:
Chemistry
For chem, I use Snaprevise to learn content before the lesson (helps me understand the lesson better- chem isn't my strongest subject)! When I revise, I go back over the videos and I use chemrevise and Dr Boes notes for revision. When I have understand the content, I learn and memorise it! Next, I apply my knowledge. I go to the OCR textbook to see if I have left anything out. I then do the OCR Summary Questions and have a flick through the CGP ones! Then, I go to PMT and do the past paper questions by topic! Finally, I do the Practice Questions in the textbook for the new spec, mark them and go over any I have got wrong!

Taken from another post hope it helps! How do you revise?:smile:

Thank youuu :smile: I make mindmaps of all the topics then I memorise and learn it then I see how much I remember and then do questions :smile:
Thank youuu :smile: I make mindmaps of all the topics then I memorise and learn it then I see how much I remember and then do questions :smile:

You're welcome!:smile: Ah ok that's good I've never been a fan of mindmaps! Snaprevise videos have basically saved me :smile: Are you doing A2 atm?
You're welcome!:smile: Ah ok that's good I've never been a fan of mindmaps! Snaprevise videos have basically saved me :smile: Are you doing A2 atm?

Ah ok :smile: Yep do you wish to go uni if so what course ? :smile: Is Dr boes notes for chemistry free ?
Ah ok :smile: Yep do you wish to go uni if so what course ? :smile: Is Dr boes notes for chemistry free ?

Yeah same! I've applied for economics :smile: You've applied for medicine? No, they're not but I don't think they're that expensive! Check out chemrevise notes they are AMAZING!:smile:
Yeah same! I've applied for economics :smile: You've applied for medicine? No, they're not but I don't think they're that expensive! Check out chemrevise notes they are AMAZING!:smile:

Oooo niceee :smile: Where you planning to go ? I applied for pharmacy :smile:
Reply 8
Official textbook, CGP, past paper and qns by topic
Repeat until its ingrained in your head.
Oooo niceee :smile: Where you planning to go ? I applied for pharmacy :smile:

Durham I hope!:smile: What about you? Oh lol just thought I read somewhere you applied for medicine!
Durham I hope!:smile: What about you? Oh lol just thought I read somewhere you applied for medicine!

Kcl hopefully :smile: No changed my mind in the end
Kcl hopefully :smile: No changed my mind in the end

Wow that's great!:smile: Well that's good at least you know what you want to do! One of my friends did the same thing- originally decided to do medicine but them decided to apply for biomed

Quick Reply

Latest