The Student Room Group

"I will only start my first relationship with a guy when I'm 90% sure that it will le

ad to marriage or a future with him" Is it right for me to say this or am I being a crazy and unrealistic person?
It's pretty standard, always see people on twitter saying "dont talk to me if you aint trying to marry"

Tbh, i really dont see why else you'd have a relationship.
unrealistic. you can't always be so certain so early. sometimes it takes a while to realise they're the one. means you're also putting too much pressure on relationships and not enjoying them and the experience they provide. it's good to take the risk sometimes, and even if you break up so what. you've at least learnt what you want and don't want in your next relationship and you know what to work on yourself. i'm glad i've already had a couple of relationships. just because they didn't work out doesn't mean they were a waste of time, they helped me grow a lot and i know what i need in my next relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
ad to marriage or a future with him" Is it right for me to say this or am I being a crazy and unrealistic person?

Do you mean sexual or any relationship?
Is this an arranged marriage scenario?

Otherwise it sounds naive, but your choice.

To know whether its worth marriage then having a relationship and getting to know someone is a good way of finding out about whether you are compatible. You seem to think you can decide that without the interaction. Sounds like a potential recipe for divorce or an unhappy marriage.
does kind of depend on how old you are though. if you're still young i wouldn't get too bogged down worrying about having a serious relationship. enjoy your youth and freedom and if any really nice boys come your way, be open minded and give them a chance. see what happens.
Original post by Anonymous
does kind of depend on how old you are though. if you're still young i wouldn't get too bogged down worrying about having a serious relationship. enjoy your youth and freedom and if any really nice boys come your way, be open minded and give them a chance. see what happens.

This! Also,don't put all your eggs in on each basket
Original post by queen-bee
This! Also,don't put all your eggs in on each basket
And keep them unfertilised.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
And keep them unfertilised.

I was meant to say,don't keep them in one basket,rather haven multiple men and take it from there and definitely keep there unfertilised lol
Reply 8
Why 90%, why not 99.9%, or even 80%?

Quick Reply

Latest