The Student Room Group

Can someone tell me my chance of getting in to Oxbridge Law?

Hello,

I'm an IB student in New Zealand and this is my current subjects and grades:

English A 7
Chinese A 7
Chemistry SL 7
Physics HL 7
Mathematics HL 7
History HL 7

I really want to study law at Oxbrige, do I stand a high chance? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Original post by nayananayana
Hello,

English A 7
Chinese A 7
Chemistry SL 7
Physics HL 7
Mathematics HL 7
History HL 7

I really want to study law at Oxbrige, do I stand a high chance? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

You exceed the grade requirements... but nobody truly has a high chance; it would depend on interviews/admissions tests/ references etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nayananayana
Hello,

English A 7
Chinese A 7
Chemistry SL 7
Physics HL 7
Mathematics HL 7
History HL 7

Your grades are obviously good enough and having both essay-based (English, Chinese, History) and the science/maths subjects (further shows analytical ability) is perhaps the best combination possible (an educated guess based on what our UCAS coordinator told me when I was considering law).

HOWEVER, grades/subjects are just one of several components of your application. There is really only one way to know if you can get in. If you think you would like to study at Oxbridge (don't forget there are other excellent UK universities), go for it. Good luck.
Thank you!
Original post by uzrnem
Your grades are obviously good enough and having both essay-based (English, Chinese, History) and the science/maths subjects (further shows analytical ability) is perhaps the best combination possible (an educated guess based on what our UCAS coordinator told me when I was considering law).

HOWEVER, grades/subjects are just one of several components of your application. There is really only one way to know if you can get in. If you think you would like to study at Oxbridge (don't forget there are other excellent UK universities), go for it. Good luck.
Original post by wolfmoon88
You exceed the grade requirements... but nobody truly has a high chance; it would depend on interviews/admissions tests/ references etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending