The Student Room Group

My Battle To Beat The B's

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Luca Ward
it’s an absolute nightmare because i have about 3 months to do a portfolio of 20 A2 sheets, another portfolio of 10 A2 sheets, i have to do a final piece for the first portfolio and it has to be massive and will take forever, and then i also have an upcoming 10 hour exam for art (2 five hour days). Wish I picked something else instead of art.

Sounds hectic. I know what you mean about coursework I have a lesson left to finish about a weeks worth of work. just keep at it and make the most out of what you can. good luck
Reply 21
Original post by Frango
Thanks a lot. :u:

I feel like I am going to get into the studying mood soon. (Hopefully) :smile:

No problem. if you ever want any advice or tips on revising just ask. I might not be an expert but I can try and help
Reply 22
Hi guys. would you please spread the word about this thread, the more people we have commenting the more help we can give each other
Original post by Binksy10
Hi, thanks for checking out my gyg thread. sounds like you're GCSEs are going really well (apart from the U. what happened there!) well done on the 7's and 8's

Well I had a U in Physics as I do higher and I was 2 marks off a grade 4... I also recieved a U in Spanish but I only sat 2 of the 4 exams so I was unable to get anything higher than a U.
Reply 24
Original post by reecemalhan
Well I had a U in Physics as I do higher and I was 2 marks off a grade 4... I also recieved a U in Spanish but I only sat 2 of the 4 exams so I was unable to get anything higher than a U.

Oh right. Physics wise was it a certain topic that let you down or something else
Oh right. Physics wise was it a certain topic that let you down or something else

Physics has always been one of my weakest subjects so it was mainly topics, especially trying to remember formulas.
Reply 26
Original post by reecemalhan
Physics has always been one of my weakest subjects so it was mainly topics, especially trying to remember formulas.

That's a shame if you are ever stuck on a practice question or a homework just put it on here and I will walk you through what to do or help you on a certain topic etc.
Reply 27

15th of February

88 DAYS UNTIL MY FIRST EXAM!

Revision For Today

History Today I am focusing on the February revolution of 1917

Biology - Chromosomes and mitosis, Binary Fission and Stem Cells

Chemistry Seperation techniques, Distillation, History of the atom, electronic structure and the development if the periodic table

Everything else

Apart from revising I thought it would be a good idea to go out side and get some fresh air; so I decided to take my dog on a walk, it would of been a good idea if the fresh air wasn’t blowing in my face at 30 mph but I guess it’s better than nothing

(edited 6 years ago)

15th of February

88 DAYS UNTIL MY FIRST EXAM!

Revision For Today

History Today I am focusing on the February revolution of 1917

Biology - Chromosomes and mitosis, Binary Fission and Stem Cells

Chemistry Seperation techniques, Distillation, History of the atom, electronic structure and the development if the periodic table

Everything else

Apart from revising I thought it would be a good idea to go out side and get some fresh air; so I decided to take my dog on a walk, it would of been a good idea if the fresh air wasn’t blowing in my face at 30 mph but I guess it’s better than nothing

your day sounds productive! and it's good to get some fresh air.
Reply 29
IMG_20180215_155115-compressed.jpg.jpeg

I got given this as homework in chemistry but I am kind of unsure on the whole idea of it. I understand the differences of the three homologous series but I don't really know how to show it. Are there any formula type things that would be useful for this question?

I was thinking that I should arrange this into three separate paragraphs explaining how each is different from the rest. What do you think?

Thanks for all your help:smile:

P.S
I am going to have a go at it soon and post what I have come up with so you can help on how to improve the answer

P.P.S
If anyone needs help in music then I can really help you with that. I got the best in school for that prelim so if you need any help in that then I am here to help.
Reply 30
As far as alkenes and alkanes go an alkene is an unsaturated hydrocarbon that contains at least one carbon–carbon double bond. And an alkane is a saturated hydrocarbon with only single bonds. there are also general formulas for both of these. An alkene has the general formula CnH2n and an alkane has the general formula CnH2n 2. regarding the cycloalkane I'm not too sure what that is, the internet says it's a regular alkane in a ring or loop with the same general formula as an alkane. Hope this helps
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by entertainmyfaith
your day sounds productive! and it's good to get some fresh air.

Hi Manu. sorry my reply took so long thanks for the continuing support
Reply 32
Thanks Binksy. Yeah that helped a lot because now I will know what I'm looking at when I research further. A lot of time I used to just pretty much copy off of websites without fully understanding the topic.

Now I can look into what the things that you said actually mean so that im learning as well as doing homework.
Reply 33
Original post by Frango
Thanks Binksy. Yeah that helped a lot because now I will know what I'm looking at when I research further. A lot of time I used to just pretty much copy off of websites without fully understanding the topic.

Now I can look into what the things that you said actually mean so that im learning as well as doing homework.

No problem. Glad I could help
(edited 6 years ago)
hey! any update on the a level choices? when do you have to choose by?
Reply 35
Original post by mez_merising
hey! any update on the a level choices? when do you have to choose by?

We've already handed in our preliminary choices in which I chose physics, computer science and maths but I've had a change if heart and might like to go down the medicine path now
We've already handed in our preliminary choices in which I chose physics, computer science and maths but I've had a change if heart and might like to go down the medicine path now

ah how come?
Reply 37
hi everyone!
I know this isn't directly related to this thread but I was wondering how the school decides your GCSE target grades (people told me that it was your SATS results that decide them but I moved to U.K. in year 9 so i didn't do my SATS)
my target grades are really low (they went from 8's to 5's and 6's in year 11 even though i continued to get the same grades I was getting before)
so, I'm a bit worried because i dont exactly know what the purpose of your target grades are (is it what the school thinks your capable grades are?) and im not sure if having low target grades will affect my GCSE grades? for example, a friend of mine who got the same grade as me in my english mocks (grade 5) has higher target grades (grade 8 ) while my target grade is 6. He was asked if he wanted extra support in english lit to raise his grades up. is that because the school is trying to get him to match his target grades? because i wasnt asked if i wanted any extra support, now i dont know if this is because the school doesnt care if i dont get above a six, as long as i get my target grades? i know im kind of ranting over here but im kind of confused.......
Reply 38
I don’t have predicted grades yet (no clue why). But here are my mock results:
Business Studies: A*
English Language: 9
English Literature: 6
French: 6
History: 8
Mathematics: 7
Religious Education: 8
Biology: 8
Physics: 6
and for some reason we didn’t have a chemistry mock.
But yeah, to be honest with you all you can do is work hard....I think your results are really good, the new GCSEs are tough but you’ve done so well! Just don’t put yourself down, keep working hard and balance that out with taking time for yourself too. It’ll be worth it when you get the excellent results you deserve. Best of luck and I’m here if you’d like to message me for anything :smile:)
Reply 39
Original post by xoxcm
I don’t have predicted grades yet (no clue why). But here are my mock results:
Business Studies: A*
English Language: 9
English Literature: 6
French: 6
History: 8
Mathematics: 7
Religious Education: 8
Biology: 8
Physics: 6
and for some reason we didn’t have a chemistry mock.
But yeah, to be honest with you all you can do is work hard....I think your results are really good, the new GCSEs are tough but you’ve done so well! Just don’t put yourself down, keep working hard and balance that out with taking time for yourself too. It’ll be worth it when you get the excellent results you deserve. Best of luck and I’m here if you’d like to message me for anything :smile:)

Hi xoxcm thanks for the support. sorry my reply took so long I've been really busy these past couple of days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending