The Student Room Group

Disassociation after edibles?

It was my first time. I detached from my body got super paranoid, psychosis and had a panic attack/convulsions.

It's over 48 hours later and I feel a lot better, a lot more in control of myself and grounded, however I still have lingering mild disassociation. I've tried everything to "bring myself back", such as freezing cold showers, black coffee, mint, spice. Nothing is working. Anyone have any tips /advice / know how long it will last?

(Yes, I have learnt my lesson and know the precautions and my limits now so no comments pls)
(edited 6 years ago)
I got dissociated a few months ago from smoking a lot, took a few weeks to go completely and still comes and goes every now and again.
Original post by Anonymous
I got dissociated a few months ago from smoking a lot, took a few weeks to go completely and still comes and goes every now and again.

That's what I'm scared of :/ Do you have any tips for dealing with it?
Original post by casmi
That's what I'm scared of :/ Do you have any tips for dealing with it?

Just try some grounding techniques, try and really focus on certain objects around you. Also, try and ignore it as much as you possibly can, might sound a bit stupid, but just try not to focus on it and get on with your daily life.

I had it quite bad when I had it, kind of put me off doing anything again.
For the time being, try to really avoid stress in your life as that will exacerbate symptoms. Also stay away from anything psychoactive such as nicotine and caffeine, they will make it worse.

Good rest and all of the above should help. If it doesn't subside within a few weeks, I'd book a GP appointment as it could have triggered some sort of psychological issue in your brain.

If you don't mind me asking, are you having any visual disturbances or anything like that? Any other symptoms that you didn't have before taking the edibles?
Original post by casmi
It was my first time. I detached from my body got super paranoid, psychosis and had a panic attack/convulsions.

It's over 48 hours later and I feel a lot better, a lot more in control of myself and grounded, however I still have lingering mild disassociation. I've tried everything to "bring myself back", such as freezing cold showers, black coffee, mint, spice. Nothing is working. Anyone have any tips /advice / know how long it will last?

(Yes, I have learnt my lesson and know the precautions and my limits now so no comments pls)

Switch to healthy diet. Try fluids. No caffeinated drinks or the ones people take during workouts that is supposed to give you a rush. The symptoms should go away on its own eventually. But honestly if the conditions persist then please get an appointment with the GP. Though it has never been documented for edibles to leave a lasting effect. So do not worry. If it is anything it must be something else not due to edibles.
Original post by aimen.unilodgers
If it is anything it must be something else not due to edibles.

I don't think that's a fair thing to say really?
That's really just your opinion and the poster has literally just said they've experienced this after eating edibles so I'm sorry But I disagree with you there.

Original post by casmi

Try not to stress out too much, when this happens to me I'm gentle with myself for a few days/weeks and let myself really notice things, usually by doing that I start to notice little moments when I feel better, and by holding on to those I find it's easier to pull myself back to reality.

Quick Reply

Latest