The Student Room Group

Is this a good first date idea?

I hold a PPL (Private Pilots License) which means I can fly small passenger aircraft for pleasure anywhere in Europe.

I've been debating with myself whether to take this lovely lady I've been getting to know up into the skies for a first date.

The plan would basically be to fly somewhere an hours flight or so away and have some lunch/dinner at a nice restaurant nearby and then fly back home afterwards.

My question is; should I leave this date idea for a few dates in at least? Flying can be quite expensive but really it wouldn't cost me any more than I currently spend flying anyway because I have to fly a minimum every month to keep my rating on my license. Also, what possibility might there be of her thinking 'wow he's a pilot, money, amazing, blah blah' - I don't want someone to be with me just because 'I'm a pilot' or whatever. on the flip side though, you always want to impress on the first date!

Thanks.
To me that seems very original and your lovely lady would really appreciate this. The answer to your question is yes you should probably wait a couple of dates before having this idea as your date. Good Luck! :smile:
Maybe save it for a birthday/special anniversary :smile:
Awww thats cute, yh leave it till a couple of dates, you dont want to seem that you are eager to impress her but honestly thats such a great idea xx
first impressions last
I think it's pretty cool
thats too much man lol
Reply 6
Wish I could tag you all - Thanks for the responses. Seems the consensus is to wait a little until we've been on a few dates to see how it's going. Hopefully things will go well!
Original post by Anonymous
Wish I could tag you all - Thanks for the responses. Seems the consensus is to wait a little until we've been on a few dates to see how it's going. Hopefully things will go well!

Good Luck x and I think things will definetly go well for you
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Good Luck x and I think things will definetly go well for you

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by jordon1703
Thankyou :smile:

Lol its you?
Lol its you?

Yes! It would be weird to reply to something that wasn't mine xD
Yes! It would be weird to reply to something that wasn't mine xD

Why are you using anon then?
I hold a PPL (Private Pilots License) which means I can fly small passenger aircraft for pleasure anywhere in Europe.

I've been debating with myself whether to take this lovely lady I've been getting to know up into the skies for a first date.

The plan would basically be to fly somewhere an hours flight or so away and have some lunch/dinner at a nice restaurant nearby and then fly back home afterwards.

My question is; should I leave this date idea for a few dates in at least? Flying can be quite expensive but really it wouldn't cost me any more than I currently spend flying anyway because I have to fly a minimum every month to keep my rating on my license. Also, what possibility might there be of her thinking 'wow he's a pilot, money, amazing, blah blah' - I don't want someone to be with me just because 'I'm a pilot' or whatever. on the flip side though, you always want to impress on the first date!

Thanks.

I actually had this as a first date, a good 8 or 9 years ago. He flew the little two seater to an airfiedl near me, we went up in the plane and flew over to Silverstone race track and back again. Then we went for dinner. It was lovely as a date idea, but perhaps not first date as we ended up with really awkward conversation as we didn't really have that much in common and there wasn't really a spark...!
Why are you using anon then?

I didn't want to be judged to be fair - but I think i got confused and unticked it in a rush lol
Original post by jmackfall
I actually had this as a first date, a good 8 or 9 years ago. He flew the little two seater to an airfiedl near me, we went up in the plane and flew over to Silverstone race track and back again. Then we went for dinner. It was lovely as a date idea, but perhaps not first date as we ended up with really awkward conversation as we didn't really have that much in common and there wasn't really a spark...!

Thankyou, good to know someone else has tried this out - and your make a good point :smile:

Thanks.

Ok that sounds AMAZING!
I didn't want to be judged to be fair - but I think i got confused and unticked it in a rush lol

Good point, TSR these days is full of judgemental ppl
I'd save it for a little later :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending