The Student Room Group

Repeat funding

If I have already had a tuition fee loan for a level 1 qualification and now want to start a fresh qualification studying at level 1 again, am I eligible to do so?
Original post by hokate
If I have already had a tuition fee loan for a level 1 qualification and now want to start a fresh qualification studying at level 1 again, am I eligible to do so?

What do you mean by level 1? Do you mean first year of a degree? If so did you study full time or part time?

Did you complete/receive a qualification?
Reply 2
Open university level 1 modules completed. Equiv to year 1. Now want to change to different degree course but credits are not transferable so looking at starting again and been told might have to self fund year 1 this time round. Any experiences or advice welcomed.
Original post by hokate
Open university level 1 modules completed. Equiv to year 1. Now want to change to different degree course but credits are not transferable so looking at starting again and been told might have to self fund year 1 this time round. Any experiences or advice welcomed.

Hi Hokate,

I just have a couple of questions if that's alright.

How many years did it take to get level 1 modules?
What was the course?
What course are you going to do now?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 4
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Hokate,

I just have a couple of questions if that's alright.

How many years did it take to get level 1 modules?
What was the course?
What course are you going to do now?

Thank you,

John.

Hi John
It took one year to get 120 level 1 credits. Those modules were in health & social care. Potential new course is BA Early Childhood.
Original post by hokate
Hi John
It took one year to get 120 level 1 credits. Those modules were in health & social care. Potential new course is BA Early Childhood.

Hi hokate,

Just to clarify, you have undertaken one year of part time study and looking to start a new degree course or start again from year one, is that correct?

Secondly, how long is the new course and will you be undertaking it as a full or part time student?

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi hokate,

Just to clarify, you have undertaken one year of part time study and looking to start a new degree course or start again from year one, is that correct?

Secondly, how long is the new course and will you be undertaking it as a full or part time student?

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona
One year of part time distance study completed at full time intensity gaining 120 credits at level 1. Plan is, subject to funding, to start a fresh qualification from level 1 and to study at full time level of intensity again. OU suggested might not get funding for further level 1 study. Can you clarify?
Original post by hokate
Hi Rona
One year of part time distance study completed at full time intensity gaining 120 credits at level 1. Plan is, subject to funding, to start a fresh qualification from level 1 and to study at full time level of intensity again. OU suggested might not get funding for further level 1 study. Can you clarify?

Hi hokate,

Previous part time study will not be taken into account unless you gained a qualification, when calculating your entitlement for support to undertake a new full time course.

Can I ask have you gained an exit qualification?

Thanks Rona
Reply 8
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi hokate,

Previous part time study will not be taken into account unless you gained a qualification, when calculating your entitlement for support to undertake a new full time course.

Can I ask have you gained an exit qualification?

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona. Not as yet. Not sure whether I will have to request one before I can register for new qualification. Do you know?
Rgds
Kate
Original post by hokate
Hi Rona. Not as yet. Not sure whether I will have to request one before I can register for new qualification. Do you know?
Rgds
Kate

Hi Kate,

To check if you have gained a qualification you will need to speak to your College/University.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 10
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Kate,

To check if you have gained a qualification you will need to speak to your College/University.

Thanks

Catherine

Hi there
My question is about repeat funding. Could I please have a response to my original query which is still outstanding. Thank you.
Original post by hokate
Hi there
My question is about repeat funding. Could I please have a response to my original query which is still outstanding. Thank you.

Hi hokate,

Student Finance England students on a designated full time distance learning course are eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only of between £6,000 and £9,000, in line with part-time funding. Part time distance learning is assessed as any other part time course.

That means even if you did gain a qualification, as long as you are studying a higher level qualification.

If you are studying a higher level qualification than any qualification already gained will be eligible to receive funding for up to a maximum of 16 years.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending