The Student Room Group

Going on holiday with boyfriend (gay)

Hi I'm 14 and openly gay. My boyfriend who is 16 has asked me if i want to go on holiday with him and his parents for a few days next week. I don't know weather to say yes or no what should I do ???? My older sister told me to be careful.
its for only 2 nights / 3 days
If you’re going with his parents then surely there is no danger?
Original post by del1rious
If you’re going with his parents then surely there is no danger?

No danger but bf might want to try something
If he does, and you don't want to do it, then there will be people who should be responsible adults around to ensure it doesn't happen.

If he does, and you do want to, then privacy becomes an issue.
Aw, that's nice of him! If his parents are responsible, then if he tries something you can go to them. You can get the law if he tries something without consent or approval or whatever.

Either way, have a great time c;
Original post by mc_miah
Aw, that's nice of him! If his parents are responsible, then if he tries something you can go to them. You can get the law if he tries something without consent or approval or whatever.

Either way, have a great time c;

I want it to im just a bit nervous I think
Original post by Minione14000
No danger but bf might want to try something

I assume you mean something sexual, in which case he shouldn't. You're not able to consent until you're 16, therefore nothing sexual should be happening until you're 16. Going on holiday with him and his parents is fine, provided you're not sexual together.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I assume you mean something sexual, in which case he shouldn't. You're not able to consent until you're 16, therefore nothing sexual should be happening until you're 16. Going on holiday with him and his parents is fine, provided you're not sexual together.

I thought it was 18!??
I thought it was 18!??

The age of consent in the UK is 16. That's when you can have sex and consent to it.
If he tries something and you’re scared to say no to him is he really the type of person to want to be with?
If he tries something and you’re scared to say no to him is he really the type of person to want to be with?

I just don't want to let him down as he's so good to me
even if you consent it's statory rape because you are below the age of legal consent. he can get in severe legal trouble if the police found out.

personally, a 16 year old daring a 14 year old is suspicious anyway
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
even if you consent it's statory rape because you are below the age of legal consent. he can get in severe legal trouble if the police found out.

personally, a 16 year old daring a 14 year old is suspicious anyway

Why is it he's only 2 years older than me my older sister who is 24 is going out with a 30 year old man
Why is it he's only 2 years older than me my older sister who is 24 is going out with a 30 year old man

1 they're both legal adults.
2. there is usually a much much bigger difference in terms of maturity and life stage etc when you're younger
3. you're barely out of puberty if indeed you are out of it. that should send alarm bells ringing
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
1 they're both legal adults.
2. there is usually a much much bigger difference in terms of maturity and life stage etc when you're younger
3. you're barely out of puberty if indeed you are out of it. that should send alarm bells ringing

He's only in the year above I'm just one of the youngest in my year
I just don't want to let him down as he's so good to me

This is so so so wrong. A kind boyfriend wouldn’t feel “let down” because you didn’t do something you aren’t comfortable with.
This is so so so wrong. A kind boyfriend wouldn’t feel “let down” because you didn’t do something you aren’t comfortable with.

I rally want to do it aswell I'm just nervous I think. I don't think he will mind if I say no he will understand
I rally want to do it aswell I'm just nervous I think. I don't think he will mind if I say no he will understand

You need to talk about this with him like NOW and establish clear boundaries and where you both stand with things. That is how a strong and trusting relationship is built
You need to talk about this with him like NOW and establish clear boundaries and where you both stand with things. That is how a strong and trusting relationship is built

I will but we have a trusting relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending