The Student Room Group

Do people still glamourise mental health issues?

Scroll to see replies

You sound like a dirty ass
Original post by Anonymous
tremen222 already gave a brilliant answer, you're just trying to repeat them. The last part of your post doesn't really make sense.

Im sorry repeating what answer? Not answer is 'brilliant' if its someone own input and opinion. A 'brillaint' answer is a exact defintion from the Internet- reliable source.
And you said that you dont understand why ppl keep repeating that they have a mental illness, using TSR as an example, advice from strangers can help them, even bcuz they dont know anything about each other except that they are going through the same thing and illness
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Im sorry repeating what answer? Not answer is 'brilliant' if its someone own input and opinion. A 'brillaint' answer is a exact defintion from the Internet- reliable source.
And you said that you dont understand why ppl keep repeating that they have a mental illness, using TSR as an example, advice from strangers can help them, even bcuz they dont know anything about each other except that they are going through the same thing and illness

The definition of 'brilliant' is not 'accurate'.
I'm not talking about people coming onto forums and asking for advice about mental illnesses. I'm talking about the people who almost try to one up each other. The people who bring it up and use it as an excuse for everything. Thinking their mental illness is a replacement for personalty and it somehow makes them more edgy and special. If you took it away they wouldn't have their identity. The glorification of mental illness on tumblr.
I'm not saying these people don't have mental health issues, I'm saying the way they talk about it is almost romanticising mental illness.

Quick Reply