The Student Room Group

how do i get over a girl i like?

Scroll to see replies

I feel like people are kinda misreading the thread here. The only reason OP apparently has for the girl not liking him is his possibly-true possibly-mistaken belief that he doesn't have the type of look that she would go for.

However m8 ur evidence for this is literally nothing so you may as well talk to her anyway. If she rejects you, you can soon get over that.
Original post by Anonymous
16, ive never asked a girl out and tbh im a bit pussy. if it goes bad tho surely it would be awkard on the train tho?

>implying it's not awkward for you anyway seeing a girl you really like almost every day but doing absolutely nothing about it.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I feel like people are kinda misreading the thread here. The only reason OP apparently has for the girl not liking him is his possibly-true possibly-mistaken belief that he doesn't have the type of look that she would go for.

However m8 ur evidence for this is literally nothing so you may as well talk to her anyway. If she rejects you, you can soon get over that.

>implying it's not awkward for you anyway seeing a girl you really like almost every day but doing absolutely nothing about it.

mm good point but what i meant was that if she rejected me (she doesnt know i like her at the moment) it just would be a bit awks because she would i know i love her but she doesn't want me
its not that shes a **** or anything, i just doubt she likes me because im not good looking. why do u think she would break my heart the worst

well I have experienced this already, and it's also logical, if u can't stop thinking about her then it's gonna hurt the most if she leads u on or something. But, go for it bro, otherwise u will regret not going up to her. If she is worth it she won't care about looks too much, good luck!
(edited 6 years ago)
its not that shes a **** or anything, i just doubt she likes me because im not good looking. why do u think she would break my heart the worst

Also, when I went up to the girl a had a huge crush on I was completely out of my comfort zone. I had never approached a chick before and she was with around 5 friends in a group... I was shaking loads. However, she said yes and gave me her number, worst thing she could of done to me....
I can relate. Sometimes I wished I had not seen her.
mm good point but what i meant was that if she rejected me (she doesnt know i like her at the moment) it just would be a bit awks because she would i know i love her but she doesn't want me

And? My point was that things are already at an awkward point for your good self, and it'll probably be better for you to actually try. I've found that getting over a girl is speed up by like 1000% if they reject you.

If you stop talking to each other that'll be sad but in the end you've never really wanted her to be just your friend in the first place.
The only thing that cures these problems is time (I know, it sucks)
Every time you catch yourself thinking about her, staring at her, pondering about her smell, having imaginary conversations with her, or just her in general; tell yourself that "it is over", just say "It's over".
You cannot choose who you like and for how long, but you can choose how you deal with it: don't be that guy, if you know what I mean.
Does it seem like she’s into you, or could be in the future? Because if so then why not go for it and tell her how you feel. If she says no then it’ll be awkward for a few weeks but it’ll probably get better and you’ll get back to normal. Don’t try and pressure her into doing anything
Maybe she feels the same way about you. Try talking to her, whether it's online or in person. But also, if you don't know her well then you've probably put her on some pedestal. If she turns you down, or turns out you don't like her personality, then remember who the **** you are and that once you leave school, you'll meet plenty of different kind of girls. Focus on yourself. Thinking about her constantly will distract you a lot. Or just find a new obsession lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending