The Student Room Group

How do I convert out of my forced religion?

I'm an 18 year old "Muslim
Boy" who wants to convert out of my forced religion so I don't feel guilty every single day. So I was born in a really strict Muslim household in Auckland, New Zealand. till I was 16 I strongly followed the Islamic ways of life but then stuff happened and i realized that's just not who I am and I've never understood the point of my religion or having a religion if we're all gonna die one day and only live once so I wanted my freedom. I admit I am a Muslim only by name now. I eat haram all the time with my western friends, drink, smoke, slept with a lot of girls between 16-18 and I really have enjoyed myself but everytime I hear what is and isn't allowed in Islam I feel so guilty and since I'm already off track I wanna find out how I can truly convert out of my religion. I don't want my parents to know cause they've only shoved their religion down my throat but it's my life and my choice and I'm gonna make it before I live my life with regrets. I'm already such a bad Muslim so now I wanna quit for good. I'm 18 haven't finished the Quran even once know basic Arabic, never/hardly pray unless once in a new moon. Fast sometimes. And I've done like everything the opposite of a normal "Muslim" so I just want to convert out so I don't have this all hanging over my head and can get a lot of weight of my shoulders.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're already a kafir.

So I don't see what you are trying to convert out of?:unsure:
So i think it's given that in life that religion is one of the most difficult thing to accept growing up if your forced into it at birth,unless your me and just accept it and eat pizza to forget about it.

As a muslim i would tell you that you're messing everything up and should start repenting for your sins and pray that you don't go to hell

but as more of a friendly face (you know those losers who hold the door open for girls) i say that you go out and decide what kind of man you want to be , your parents might not like that but it's your life and you shoudn't have to suffer through it being someone you don't want to be.

It helps if you talk to a professional about it like a therapist or a psychiatrist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Monclér
You're already a kafir.

So I don't see what you are trying to convert out of?:unsure:

OP is not a disbeliever of yet. Just because he has gone against religious teachings doesn't imply that he's a disbelievers as such.

Theres a certain category to go out Islam directly and believe you me, this is not one of them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MiszshorTea786
OP is not a disbeliever of yet. Just because he has gone against religious teachings doesn't imply that he's a disbelievers as such.

Theres a certain category to go out Islam directly and believe you me, this is not one of them.

Have you read the thread?:facepalm: The guy wants to leave, he isn't considering leaving, he wants out end of.

And he is already a non-believer.
Open your eyes fool
Original post by Monclér
Have you read the thread?:facepalm: The guy wants to leave, he isn't considering leaving, he wants out end of.

And he is already a non-believer.

Yes, but you interjected that he is already a disbeliever. How can you base such assumptions sir if OP has not left Islam yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Boy" who wants to convert out of my forced religion so I don't feel guilty every single day. So I was born in a really strict Muslim household in Auckland, New Zealand. till I was 16 I strongly followed the Islamic ways of life but then stuff happened and i realized that's just not who I am and I've never understood the point of my religion or having a religion if we're all gonna die one day and only live once so I wanted my freedom. I admit I am a Muslim only by name now. I eat haram all the time with my western friends, drink, smoke, slept with a lot of girls between 16-18 and I really have enjoyed myself but everytime I hear what is and isn't allowed in Islam I feel so guilty and since I'm already off track I wanna find out how I can truly convert out of my religion. I don't want my parents to know cause they've only shoved their religion down my throat but it's my life and my choice and I'm gonna make it before I live my life with regrets. I'm already such a bad Muslim so now I wanna quit for good. I'm 18 haven't finished the Quran even once know basic Arabic, never/hardly pray unless once in a new moon. Fast sometimes. And I've done like everything the opposite of a normal "Muslim" so I just want to convert out so I don't have this all hanging over my head and can get a lot of weight of my shoulders.

OP, you have already made you're 'decision as such. So whatever I write in accordance to this, will probably make no difference.

I just wanted to wish you all the best in life. 😁

You've fallen for the dunya and ultimately sacrificed your Akhirah.
(edited 6 years ago)
You're about to live some exciting times: let yourself explore the wealth of secular writing out there, form your own beliefs and aspirations... Now that you have fallen out of religion you might have to ask yourself questions about morality, purpose and the big meaning of it all-- What is right and what is wrong, now that you don't have a book and a holy man to give you the answers, y'know?
It is your time to grow internally, you should feel nothing but excited at the prospect of meeting the person you will become in the next month or year :wink:
I am quite intrigued by this....how does one actually "leave" a religion if it's all to do with belief and practicing the religion and you have someone who doesn't possess either of those, or hardly any of it. Does that mean you are a *fake* or not even part of the religion anymore?
Yes, but you interjected that he is already a disbeliever. How can you base such assumptions sir if OP has not left Islam yet?

I never "interjected" him, he is asking for our opinion so I gave him mine.

And yes that is because he is clearly not a Muslim. He is just not conscious of this fact!

Read his thread and point out where he says he wants to stay in Islam?

He lives his life like a non-believer and thus he is a non-believer.

By the way thanks for calling me sir.:hat2:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JDieMstr
I am quite intrigued by this....how does one actually "leave" a religion if it's all to do with belief and practicing the religion and you have someone who doesn't possess either of those, or hardly any of it. Does that mean you are a *fake* or not even part of the religion anymore?

By doing certain actions that is prohibited in Islam. Theres a reason why it is, it's not to annoy the Muslims rather to protect them yes some of it is hard to abstain from at times but it's the status of ones Imaan(faith) at the end of the day.

Right now, the OP is still a 'Muslim' because there he can repent and not repeat the actions again. There are many explicit factors that can get one out of Islam directly though I shall not mention that here.
Reply 12
Original post by Ray_Shadows
So i think it's given that in life that religion is one of the most difficult thing to accept growing up if your forced into it at birth,unless your me and just accept it and eat pizza to forget about it.

As a muslim i would tell you that you're messing everything up and should start repenting for your sins and pray that you don't go to hell

but as more of a friendly face (you know those losers who hold the door open for girls) i say that you go out and decide what kind of man you want to be , your parents might not like that but it's your life and you shoudn't have to suffer through it being someone you don't want to be.

It helps if you talk to a professional about it like a therapist or a psychiatrist.

I think you need to go to a therapist and a psychiatrist. He isn't messing anything up. You will go to 'hell'.
Original post by jdddd
I think you need to go to a therapist and a psychiatrist. He isn't messing anything up. You will go to 'hell'.

oh no that's not this side of me speaking , that's the other side , you know the religious side not the everyday friendly face side

Out of curiosity what is the category to leave Islam?:curious:

You said there is a "category", what is it?
Reply 15
OP, you have already made you're 'decision as such. So whatever I write in accordance to this, will probably make no difference.

I just wanted to wish you all the best in life. 😁

You've fallen for the dunya and ultimately sacrificed your Akhirah.

The only thing he has sacrificed his is life for Islam. The things he could of done instead of reading a book and praying.. Studying, having fun etc.
Reply 16

Because OP wants out. OP doesn't follow it and doesn't seem to believe any of it so wants to be clear of it properly.

I hope it doesn't cause you any problems OP or lose you friends depending on your situation!
Original post by Monclér
I never "interjected" him, he is asking for our opinion so I gave him mine.

And yes that is because he is clearly not a Muslim. He is just not conscious of this fact!

Read his thread and point out where he says he wants to stay in Islam?

He lives his life like a non-believer and thus he is a non-believer.

By the way thanks for calling me sir.:hat2:

Monsieur, that is not for us to judge. That's his dealings with Allah.

I didn't state he wants to remain a Muslim, I said he can't be a disbeliever yet due to a chance of repetence if his heart and nafs permit him to do so.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous

PM if you need brother. You're welcomed outside the side of Islam.
Original post by Bio 7
Because OP wants out. OP doesn't follow it and doesn't seem to believe any of it so wants to be clear of it properly.

I hope it doesn't cause you any problems OP or lose you friends depending on your situation!

Thank you for your explanation sir. 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending