The Student Room Group

Universities for masters

Can anyone suggest me some good universities in and around London for masters in business management?
Original post by Viskuks
Can anyone suggest me some good universities in and around London for masters in business management?

No. What we do suggest is that you do your own research. This is your future that you are going to spend a lot of time effort and money on so it's the least you can do.
Reply 2
Thanks a lot :biggrin:
Original post by alleycat393
No. What we do suggest is that you do your own research. This is your future that you are going to spend a lot of time effort and money on so it's the least you can do.

Original post by Viskuks

You're welcome to come back when you have specific questions that you can't answer by yourself by doing some research.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
You're welcome to come back when you have specific questions that you can't answer by yourself by doing some research.

Okay just a general question
Which of these universities are considered good for master in business management.
St. Regent’s.
Surrey.
Sheffield.
Hertfordshire.
Kingston.
Westminster.
&
Cardiff.
Original post by Viskuks
Okay just a general question
Which of these universities are considered good for master in business management.
St. Regent’s.
Surrey.
Sheffield.
Hertfordshire.
Kingston.
Westminster.
&
Cardiff.

There is no good. There's only what's best for you. What is important to you? Things I would consider are where do grads end up, what are the links with industry, what work and research opportunities are there? How do the unis compare with all of these and the courses?
Just to check, are you looking at MBM/MSc or MBA?
Reply 7
Original post by Duncan2012
Just to check, are you looking at MBM/MSc or MBA?

MSc
What are your goals, your budget, your aspirations etc?

I mean, you can take the list with the best Masters in Management in 2017 according to Financial Times and start applying, if you can afford them and you think you stand a chance.

Personally, I got offers from every uni I applied to (Manchester, Lancaster, Leeds, Reading, Bradford) and I applied based mostly on my budget, the reputation of the Business Schools and the potential employability.
Reply 9
Original post by V for souVlaki
What are your goals, your budget, your aspirations etc?

I mean, you can take the list with the best Masters in Management in 2017 according to Financial Times and start applying, if you can afford them and you think you stand a chance.

Personally, I got offers from every uni I applied to (Manchester, Lancaster, Leeds, Reading, Bradford) and I applied based mostly on my budget, the reputation of the Business Schools and the potential employability.

So in which university you finally got into ?
Depends on your background and on how much money you're willing to spend.
In London the best are Imperial, LSE, UCL and perhaps KCL too. You'll face higher minimum entry requirements and more competition.
Others can be Queen Mary, City, Birkbeck, Goldsmiths and Brunel for example which are probably easier to get into and their programs might be also cheaper too.
Provided you meet their entry requirements at those you're likely not to face difficulties whatsoever in terms of gaining admission.
Original post by Viskuks
So in which university you finally got into?

I got offers from all 5, and yesterday I accepted Lancaster's offer.
Good reputation, intensive course that covers a big variety of subjects. Additionally, I can afford the tuition fees and the living cost it and the campus looks great.
I'm a pokemon master and I study at the Open University xx
Original post by Dodo0099
I'm a pokemon master and I study at the Open University xx

I find the latter easy to believe.
Original post by Notoriety
I find the latter easy to believe.

Ikr

I'm currently studying sociology with pokemon biodiversity Ba Hons

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending