The Student Room Group

Reapplying with different personal statement

Hiya,
I sent off my UCAS application way back in October since my college were adamant on getting them out and I fully regret my course choice. I chose child nursing as I wasn’t sure on what else to do and I have an interest in more of the scientific side of things and didn’t know what else to do. I got an A at GCSE biology but couldn’t do it at college as I had a C in maths. which was due to me being placed in the wrong set and having spinal surgery (that’s a whole other story) - but I was fully capable of achieving a B if circumstances were different, but thats done now. I’m currently doing English Lang, Sociology and Health and Social Care (exam in anatomy and physiology) which means I am unable to apply for a biology course at uni which I would’ve done if I was allowed to do subjects I was actually interested in.

I’m predicted A*AB and I have been looking at foundation courses for science, one of which being at Southampton Uni. I already applied here for child nursing but withdrew my choices (not the whole application) as I knew I didn’t want to do this course. If I were to email the uni and offer a different personal statement would they even consider as I applied before for a different course? The grade requirements are BBB with no more than one science A level which I meet so that’s not an issue either. I know about clearing so should I wait until then as it seems to be more about convincing over the phone which could be a bit easier I suppose.

So - is it possible to apply for a course with a different personal statement even though I already applied?
Original post by Dlc 1801
Hiya,
I sent off my UCAS application way back in October since my college were adamant on getting them out and I fully regret my course choice. I chose child nursing as I wasn’t sure on what else to do and I have an interest in more of the scientific side of things and didn’t know what else to do. I got an A at GCSE biology but couldn’t do it at college as I had a C in maths. which was due to me being placed in the wrong set and having spinal surgery (that’s a whole other story) - but I was fully capable of achieving a B if circumstances were different, but thats done now. I’m currently doing English Lang, Sociology and Health and Social Care (exam in anatomy and physiology) which means I am unable to apply for a biology course at uni which I would’ve done if I was allowed to do subjects I was actually interested in.

I’m predicted A*AB and I have been looking at foundation courses for science, one of which being at Southampton Uni. I already applied here for child nursing but withdrew my choices (not the whole application) as I knew I didn’t want to do this course. If I were to email the uni and offer a different personal statement would they even consider as I applied before for a different course? The grade requirements are BBB with no more than one science A level which I meet so that’s not an issue either. I know about clearing so should I wait until then as it seems to be more about convincing over the phone which could be a bit easier I suppose.

So - is it possible to apply for a course with a different personal statement even though I already applied?

It's certainly a possibility if you ask them, there's no guarantees that they'll say yes but there's no harm in trying :smile:
Original post by Dlc 1801
Hiya,

It's not possible via UCAS, but you could contact the university and see if they'd consider you for the course seperately (whether they do or not will probably depend on how many spaces they have available).

UCAS Extra opens on the 25th, so that could be an option for you.

You can't officially change your UCAS PS for Extra or Clearing, but if you contact universities directly, they might accept another PS. It all depends on how desperate they are to fill their places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending