The Student Room Group

How do I convert out of my forced religion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jdddd
The only thing he has sacrificed his is life for Islam. The things he could of done instead of reading a book and praying.. Studying, having fun etc.

With all due respect, you can do that freely with Islam.

Nonetheless, it's OP decisions and I'll respect it.
Original post by Monclér
Out of curiosity what is the category to leave Islam?:curious:

You said there is a "category", what is it?

There are several factors though as I have mentioned already I will not mention it here.
Reply 22
Original post by MiszshorTea786
With all due respect, you can do that freely with Islam.

Nonetheless, it's OP decisions and I'll respect it.

You can't drink alcohol, eat pork, gamble, can't have tattoos, can't show affection in public, you can't dance. Islam limits you so much. Why would you even want to be apart of something that takes away life freedoms?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
So i think it's given that in life that religion is one of the most difficult thing to accept growing up if your forced into it at birth,unless your me and just accept it and eat pizza to forget about it.

As a muslim i would tell you that you're messing everything up and should start repenting for your sins and pray that you don't go to hell

but as more of a friendly face (you know those losers who hold the door open for girls) i say that you go out and decide what kind of man you want to be , your parents might not like that but it's your life and you shoudn't have to suffer through it being someone you don't want to be.

It helps if you talk to a professional about it like a therapist or a psychiatrist.

Are you calling me a loser because I hold the door open for women with prams and females?:mute:

You sound so bitter.:eviltongue: You probably don't get girls, that is way you treat them like rubbish!
Original post by tremen222
You're about to live some exciting times: let yourself explore the wealth of secular writing out there, form your own beliefs and aspirations... Now that you have fallen out of religion you might have to ask yourself questions about morality, purpose and the big meaning of it all-- What is right and what is wrong, now that you don't have a book and a holy man to give you the answers, y'know?
It is your time to grow internally, you should feel nothing but excited at the prospect of meeting the person you will become in the next month or year :wink:

This, this, this. Put better than I ever could. The months following my exit from Islam were both the hardest and the most exciting. It starts from within; your liberation starts from accepting things you’ve rejected all your life and vice versa, forming new morals and values or changing your reasoning for existing morals and values that you want to stick by because religious reasoning no longer holds weight. Later came things like reclaiming how I dressed, spending all my new time on new things that I decided were important to me.

It’s a new chapter of your life. It’s not always easy, depending on your circumstances, but I’ll never regret it and I’m sure you won’t either, OP. Congratulations, and good luck. :h:
Original post by jdddd
You can't drink alcohol, eat pork, gamble, can't have tattoos, can't show affection in public, you can't dance. Islam limits you so much. Why would you even want to be apart of something that takes away life freedoms?

You can have halal alternatives, which does not go against religious teachings.

Which Muslim cares about consuming pork? Again there is alternatives that will fulfill a Muslims desire if they wish to do so.

Why get yourself inked when the body is leant to you as a 'belonging'?

Why on earth do you want to show the world intimacy? What good benefit would this bring to the public?

Because believe it or not, Islam is not a restrictive religion. It's a religion of striving to better oneself day by day not to enjoy oneself in this world.

Hadhrat Hasan-Al Basri(Rahimahullah) in one of his famous quotes has said
"You are nothing but a number of days, and whenever a day passes away a part of you passes away.
Reply 26
You can have halal alternatives, which does not go against religious teachings.

Which Muslim cares about consuming pork? Again there is alternatives that will fulfill a Muslims desire if they wish to do so.

Why get yourself inked when the body is leant to you as a 'belonging'?

Why on earth do you want to show the world intimacy? What good benefit would this bring to the public?

Because believe it or not, Islam is not a restrictive religion. It's a religion of striving to better oneself day by day not to enjoy oneself in this world.

Hadhrat Hasan-Al Basri(Rahimahullah) in one of his famous quotes has said
"You are nothing but a number of days, and whenever a day passes away a part of you passes away.

I just named like 6 things Islam restricts you from, so it is restrictive lol

People should eat what they want.

Tattoos are body art.

Why can't people kiss in public?

All basic freedoms. Islam is restrictive.
Reply 27
I wager this thread will make the top 10 trending :beard:
Original post by jdddd
I just named like 6 things Islam restricts you from, so it is restrictive lol

People should eat what they want.

Tattoos are body art.

Why can't people kiss in public?

All basic freedoms. Islam is restrictive.

"You are nothing but a number of days, and whenever a day passes away a part of you passes away."
Reply 29
"You are nothing but a number of days, and whenever a day passes away a part of you passes away."

Lol, you just spout some nonsense when you lose? Have fun enjoying being restricted though.
Original post by jdddd
Lol, you just spout some nonsense when you lose? Have fun enjoying being restricted though.

You plan and Allah plans. Allah is the best of planners.

Not nonsense sir, just sense in which it seems to lack quite a lot nowadays.

Alhamdulliah I'm having fun in doing so. Thanks for your concern sir! 😀
Reply 31
You plan and Allah plans. Allah is the best of planners.

Not nonsense sir, just sense in which it seems to lack quite a lot nowadays.

Alhamdulliah I'm having fun in doing so. Thanks for your concern sir! 😀

Who is Allah? Where does he live? How old is he?

Lack of sense? Hahaha the irony.
Reply 32

Is that a threat? hahaha
Original post by jdddd
Who is Allah? Where does he live? How old is he?

Lack of sense? Hahaha the irony.

Everywhere is your answer sir.

It's the irony that makes everything better in the long run though.

On a serious note, common sense is not prevelant nowadays.
You're not really a Muslim then. A Muslim is someone who believes in Islam, its principles and ideologies. If you don't believe them then you're not a Muslim. You've already "converted"
Original post by jdddd
Is that a threat? hahaha

Not at all.

A reminder for all that wants to benefit.
There are several factors though as I have mentioned already I will not mention it here.

And why not?

The factor is associating partners with Allah and Paganism.

Those are the only factors.:closedeyes:
Reply 37
Everywhere is your answer sir.

It's the irony that makes everything better in the long run though.

On a serious note, common sense is not prevelant nowadays.

I agree. Its quite concerning. I personally, blame lack of discipline in schools and at home.
Original post by Monclér
And why not?

The factor is associating partners with Allah and Paganism.

Those are the only factors.:closedeyes:

So you say Sir, I would have mentioned that if that were the only hinderence of conversion. That can get you directly out of Islam and one of the Major sin a Muslim commit himself to.

Theres a whole chapter of this in Mishkaat-Ul Masaabeeh alone which goes on for a good couple of pages. Consequently what you have mentioned are not the only factor to reverting out of Islam.
It's a religion of striving to better oneself day by day not to enjoy oneself in this world.

And you have to be Muslim to strive to better oneself?

I strive daily and yet I choose a belief system that has no restrictions.

If I want to eat pork, I can etc. etc.. I am not restricted by my religion like I would be if I was Muslim. You cannot say that Islam is not restrictive whilst defending a whole bunch of restrictions; even if you do not see them as particularly restrictive. They are still restrictions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending