The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FloralLuxe
How many times have i seen you saying black women have a certain look. And you were like you never see light skin black women. I don’t want to get into an arguement with you cos srsly it just drains all my energy.

can't remember saying black women have a certain "look"

I remember saying is that black people generally have broader noses and different facial structure compared with whites.

Never said I've never seen light skin black women either.

Although I have said a lot of light skin black women and mixed race girls are hyped up by black men ..so they tend to have an attitude about them like they're too good for you and generally act like they're prestige
Meghan Markles' Dad is White and her Mum is Black - which makes her MIXED RACE. Yet for some reason whenever someone has a hint of "blackness", people just automatically assume their black.

It's the same with other celebrities like Blake Griffin, Drake etc.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
It really depends on the photo you're going by, she definitely isn't 100% white.

She looks mixed race but she looks more black than white and thats a fact. No matter what pic you choose.
Why is there even a thread on this? Does it matter?
She looks mixed race but she looks more black than white and thats a fact. No matter what pic you choose.

Sorry I miss quoted, I meant to quote @ANM775 😂
Reply 25
Original post by Wilfred Little
Did you know Ryan Giggs is mixed race?

1/8th black. That's very mixed.
Original post by ANM775
can't remember saying black women have a certain "look"

I remember saying is that black people generally have broader noses and different facial structure compared with whites.

Never said I've never seen light skin black women either.

Although I have said a lot of light skin black women and mixed race girls are hyped up by black men ..so they tend to have an attitude about them like they're too good for you and generally act like they're prestige

Never seen an east african? Somali’s usually have “white” people noses and facial structure and has nothing to do with us.

If anything, black men don’t hype black women enough.
Reply 27
Original post by Got Milk
is this really that much of a big changing point to British culture? its like when they say Obama is the first black president, its all ******** as he is not full black.

Shh, don't spoil the good story.
Yeah the press are going crazy, primarily because it is a royal wedding, however it is important note the media have diverted greater attention to such a minor royal event in comparison to the marriage of Charles/Diana and William/Kate, as a result of her ethnicity. It is an accomplishment and social change, however this decision was made my HRH Prince Harry, who's actions are quite questionable at times. Is it a major change, yes but is it under the full acceptance of the Royal Family, perhaps no. It would be more impressive if we had a non-white Prime Minister, who has the authority and power to represent and make potent decisions on behalf of this country, then social change can be represented. Meghan will soon be cast aside after the Royal Wedding, and her importance unforunately shadowed by her counterpart, Kate.
Reply 29
How many times have i seen you saying black women have a certain look. And you were like you never see light skin black women. I don’t want to get into an arguement with you cos srsly it just drains all my energy.

Well, if she has white skin, she can't be black.
Reply 30
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Sorry I miss quoted, I meant to quote @ANM775 😂

I knew she was not 100% white by looking at her, but I thought she was mixed with south asian or mexican or something ..
Original post by edd522
1/8th black. That's very mixed.

1/8th?
Original post by edd522
Well, if she has white skin, she can't be black.

Light skin* theres a difference and she quite clearly is mixed race hun.
Reply 33
Light skin* theres a difference and she quite clearly is mixed race hun.

You can be white and mixed race.
Reply 34
Never seen an east african? Somali’s usually have “white” people noses and facial structure and has nothing to do with us.

If anything, black men don’t hype black women enough.

true about somali's ...although most blacks in the UK are not Somali and don't have that facial structure and I was talking about them.

I disagree with your other statement, if you worded it to "black men don't hype dark skin black women enough" then i'd agree

the light skin black women and mixed race girls are well overhyped......
Original post by edd522
You can be white and mixed race.

You hardly see that. But she has LIGHT SKIN. Not white skin.
Reply 36
You hardly see that. But she has LIGHT SKIN. Not white skin.

Spaniards or Italians have light skin, but they're still white.
Reply 37
Original post by Wilfred Little
1/8th?

I dropped Maths very early.
Original post by ANM775
true about somali's ...although most blacks in the UK are not Somali and don't have that facial structure and I was talking about them.

I disagree with your other statement, if you worded it to "black men don't hype dark skin black women enough" then i'd agree

the light skin black women and mixed race girls are well overhyped......

What does the uk have to do with it? You talk about black people in general when black people can look indian, arab, hispanic and we are the most diversified culture. There are somali girls who have very light skin. I have cousins who look arab or even half white when theyre fully somali.

True. They don’t hype dark skin women much. In fact, they hate on them. Dark skin black women are 😍 :smile:
User with Pepe avatar accuses woman of not being black enough... seems legit...

Latest