The Student Room Group

Does she still like me deep down

I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we somewhat developed feelings for one another. It wasn't until a friend of hers asked me in a social setting if I would go on a date with her, that I realised she really "loved" me.

I felt very uncomfortable at the time and I didn't want to say no and break her heart. She is 3 years older than me, and I've never been in a relationship before. I told her in private a few days later, that I liked her but I would disappoint her as a boyfriend - I regret friendzoning her. Ever since this moment, she has always been pointing out my flaws and telling me how I could improve. She wants to see me in better clothes and is giving me all sorts of advice for getting a girl. She also keeps giving me my plus points. But something is telling me that she really really wants me, I mean why else is this girl still talking to me.

I wouldn't mind going on a few dates with this girl and see where it ends. What should I do?
Ask her out.
Original post by spinze
I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we somewhat developed feelings for one another. It wasn't until a friend of hers asked me in a social setting if I would go on a date with her, that I realised she really "loved" me.

I felt very uncomfortable at the time and I didn't want to say no and break her heart. She is 3 years older than me, and I've never been in a relationship before. I told her in private a few days later, that I liked her but I would disappoint her as a boyfriend - I regret friendzoning her. Ever since this moment, she has always been pointing out my flaws and telling me how I could improve. She wants to see me in better clothes and is giving me all sorts of advice for getting a girl. She also keeps giving me my plus points. But something is telling me that she really really wants me, I mean why else is this girl still talking to me.

I wouldn't mind going on a few dates with this girl and see where it ends. What should I do?
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Ask her out.

Yeah but I already told her that I would disappoint her as a boyfriend.

In any case, we have planned to go out soon. I'm just so shocked as to how I even met a girl and became close with them. It's the first time in my life, I've met someone who I feel very comfortable around
Original post by spinze
Yeah but I already told her that I would disappoint her as a boyfriend.

In any case, we have planned to go out soon. I'm just so shocked as to how I even met a girl and became close with them. It's the first time in my life, I've met someone who I feel very comfortable around

so? tell her u might but that you still want to try your best?
ask her then
stop being shocked
take this opportunity, she obviously cares for you enough to reciprocate so you have to ignite that spark once more
Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Ask her if she wants a rusty trombone.
Reply 5
Original post by ryan95x
Ask her if she wants a rusty trombone.

Lol. I know what she likes and I think she wants me to change for her and not for any "other girl".

She keeps pointing out weaknesses and telling me what she wants to see in a guy (I have a feeling she is referring to me).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending