The Student Room Group

Comedy series that you don't find funny

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
agree with the rest, but why miranda?

Just tried way too hard to be funny. I don't think I laughed once.
Original post by 04MR17
Appreciating I'll have haters now but I just don't like The Office.:nope:

Ive never got into that either.
And (like others have said) im not a fan of friends either.
Original post by hannahh.08
Friends

BRUV
Original post by james ionicbond
everything on E4

hey, skins was on E4.... and skins was brilliant
Definitely Big Bang Theory I found this show really funny when it first started like season 1-4 probably because I was the main demographic and it targeted people like me but after that it lost its spark.
The Big Bang Theory - Terrible jokes on stereotypes that are incredibly out of touch. The blond lady gets confused when the group talk about superheroes and other things to do with pop culture, as if it isn't common knowledge. The characters are annoying and act like they are 15 when they are in their 30s.

Miranda - Just isn't funny

Mrs Browns Boys - I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be a comedy ( I think it has a laugh track iirc), but it's so ****.

2 Broke Girls - No reason to watch this other than Kat Dennings, the jokes are really dry.

How I Met Your Mother

Family Guy

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Most American sitcoms.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Most American sitcoms.

I second that
Original post by Popsiclez
Definitely Big Bang Theory I found this show really funny when it first started like season 1-4 probably because I was the main demographic and it targeted people like me but after that it lost its spark.

This. I stopped watching about 3 seasons ago, and I haven't felt its loss. When it was first on it was pretty fresh and interesting, but now it just seems to be a mixture of: lines to set up jokes, scientific jargon which cause the actors to look like they're dying a little inside every time they have to say anything, focusing way too heavily on making Raj's metrosexuality the butt of jokes, character personality transplants every time a new season is released, cringe-worthy celebrity/scientist cameos every other episode, and the pushing of lines that the writers so desperately want to be catchphrases (if I hear "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested" one more time, I will scream).

It's become one of those shows where you can miss 3 seasons worth of episodes, tune back in and find you haven't missed anything. That's the hallmark of a show on its last legs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Comedy is the most subjective genre - something that might be absolutely hilarious to one person might be completely lost on another. Or, perhaps the writing is just so terrible that nobody's laughing.

Which (so-called) comedy series do nothing for you? :indiff:

The one that stands out for me (having aired just before I effectively gave up TV in 2010) is the BBC sitcom Big Top... and judging by the IMDB score and reviews, I wasn't alone! Amanda Holden's acting was dreadful in this.

Single White Spenny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7y4VFX2xUs
Reply 51
Original post by 04MR17
Appreciating I'll have haters now but I just don't like The Office.:nope:

I hope you don’t mean USA because Michael Scott is legendary
Nobody's said Parks & Rec yet? We're all good :yy:

As for my choice, Mrs Browns Boys is one of the greatest black marks on British culture of the 21st century.
TBBT is crap
How can some not like Friends tho :redface: and British ones like Outnumbered, Miranda and Not Going Out are tacky but so funny
I second (or whatever!) TBBT
Original post by Doonesbury
Not Going Out is dire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive never been a fan either.
Friends - just nope
The Big Bang Theory - used to be good, not anymore
the office (I don't mind the US office)
I really hate the invetweeners (with the exception of Greg Davies)

never got into miranda

I liked Not Going Out at the start but stopped watching it. went downhill after Tim vine left in
That BBC show with the two brothers... Can't remember the name but watched a season and it was a waste of time.....
How I met your mother

Quick Reply

Latest