The Student Room Group

I don’t have many friends and don’t know what to do

So ever since I’ve been little I’ve known that I may have autism but my doctors have never carried on with the tests and this has always meant that I’ve had trouble making friends and keeping them. At the minute I have a little group at school but when I’m outside of school I only really have two that actually keep in contact with me and that I meet up with. I’ve been wanting to be in come group chats with people that say they are close to me and when I make them no one actually talks on them. I’d love for someone to talk to me and get to know me in a friend way because I keep on getting lonely and the only way normal people who have friends would solve that is by talking to them but I can’t because of the fact that no one talks to me I’ve been wanting to tell my mum but anytime I even begin to she goes off and does her housework even if I tell her that it’s important and it really annoys me because I feel like I have no one to talk to. Can anyone help me or give me some advice or even just talk to me 😌
trust me i struggle to even make a friend when put into a new situation so join the boat and we shall go for a little ride...
why would you need more than 2 close friends?
I'm kind of similar to you in a way, the best advice I could give is to find a hobby you are really passionate about, and focus on that.... friends will be made along the way. It's difficult to make friends when you try to hard to make friends if you're just yourself doing something you enjoy you would be absolutely fine.
Reply 4
Original post by shimmeringsofya
why would you need more than 2 close friends?

I feel like I want some that will actually talk to me everyday like they’re close in school but as soon as we’re not in school they just completely ignore me and don’t even talk to me
Original post by Niamhymoo
I feel like I want some that will actually talk to me everyday like they’re close in school but as soon as we’re not in school they just completely ignore me and don’t even talk to me

exactly how it all is with me. please don't worry too much about it.
Reply 6
Original post by 123chinchilla123
exactly how it all is with me. please don't worry too much about it.

Thanksss
Thanksss

its completely okay. message me if you need anything :smile:
So ever since I’ve been little I’ve known that I may have autism but my doctors have never carried on with the tests and this has always meant that I’ve had trouble making friends and keeping them. At the minute I have a little group at school but when I’m outside of school I only really have two that actually keep in contact with me and that I meet up with. I’ve been wanting to be in come group chats with people that say they are close to me and when I make them no one actually talks on them. I’d love for someone to talk to me and get to know me in a friend way because I keep on getting lonely and the only way normal people who have friends would solve that is by talking to them but I can’t because of the fact that no one talks to me I’ve been wanting to tell my mum but anytime I even begin to she goes off and does her housework even if I tell her that it’s important and it really annoys me because I feel like I have no one to talk to. Can anyone help me or give me some advice or even just talk to me 😌

Try and go to youth clubs and make friends there. People in youth clubs are usually friendly
Reply 9
Original post by RamenNoNoodles
Try and go to youth clubs and make friends there. People in youth clubs are usually friendly

My mum won’t let me because I live in quite a dodgy area there’s been quite a few rape attacks and everything I’m not aloud out unless my mum is with me and she won’t come to a youth club but thanks for the suggestion x
Reply 10

I can relate to this - I'm a really shy guy in person and I struggle to think of what to say to strangers. If I have any advice it would be to try and immerse yourself in situations with people that have common interests. I've made a few best friends because I really like playing music and I met them through that. We have no shortage of things to talk about now!
Reply 11
Original post by Bobeth
I can relate to this - I'm a really shy guy in person and I struggle to think of what to say to strangers. If I have any advice it would be to try and immerse yourself in situations with people that have common interests. I've made a few best friends because I really like playing music and I met them through that. We have no shortage of things to talk about now!

Thanks 😀
Reply 12
Thanks 😀

No problem. Hope it helps! Give me a shout if you ever need to
Reply 13
anyone want to know about cosmetic boxes? you can ask me.xx

I can totally relate. Although I'm not autistic I don't really have real friends. I have people who I hang around at uni but outside of uni we don't really talk much. It's sad. Not to mention I'm an only child so even at home I have no one to talk to or laugh with. I'm a very shy person especially when I meet strangers, I get so anxious I can't even speak. I have no idea how to get rid of that habit so I just avoid people in general. Although I really want to speak to them I don't want to mess up and make them hate me. It's an annoying feeling.
Im in a simular boat to you. i was told i have autism when i was younger yet my parents refused to admit it and didnt continue with the testing. it isnt till recently when my school have started asking questions that someone else has noticed but still nothing has been done about it. my group of friends at school is very small and i only really have one person who i go out with and thats on very few occasions. but i have learnt that it gives you more time to study and allows you to have some alone time to find out what you are really capable of on your own. dont think just because you dont have as many friendsthat your any less human. 2 real friends is better the 50 fake ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending