The Student Room Group

What in tarnation is a literature review and can someone give me an example of one??

I'm so heccin confused, my teacher didn't mention this and idk what to do anymore lmao
Reply 1
I don't know either... one of my teachers told us to do one, but the other 2 teachers (we've had a crazy year) have told us to just write our essay in sections/subtitles.

If your teacher hasn't told you to do it then don't worry, maybe try asking them?
Reply 2
Original post by Traore
I don't know either... one of my teachers told us to do one, but the other 2 teachers (we've had a crazy year) have told us to just write our essay in sections/subtitles.

If your teacher hasn't told you to do it then don't worry, maybe try asking them?

Yeah, I'll have to ask her tbh. My friends were going on about it so that's why I was like lol wut, I've used subheadings so hopefully that'll suffice :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by S a i n t
Yeah, I'll have to ask her tbh. My friends were going on about it so that's why I was like lol wut, I've used subheadings so hopefully that'll suffice :s-smilie:

If your supervisor/coordinator is marking it, then I'd go with what they suggest. I honestly have no idea how EPQ works and I'm doing it.. I'm so far behind..
Reply 4
Original post by Traore
If your supervisor/coordinator is marking it, then I'd go with what they suggest. I honestly have no idea how EPQ works and I'm doing it.. I'm so far behind..

Ahh it's fine, it'll all end soon. It'll be a lot less stressful after the essay hopefully :smile:
How many words do you still have to do?
i think its using pre existing literature to make your arguments, and analysing them - through books, documents etc
Reply 6
Ahh it's fine, it'll all end soon. It'll be a lot less stressful after the essay hopefully :smile:
How many words do you still have to do?

I've done about 3,000 words in total but it's all a mess.. I've done nothing this half term which I'm starting to regret..
idk what to do anymore lmao

mood @ life
Reply 8
)
Original post by xnotapplicablex
mood @ life

Honestly I'm so confused that I've literally given up and started procrastinating 24/7 (esp thru the holidays lmao)
)

Honestly I'm so confused that I've literally given up and started procrastinating 24/7 (esp thru the holidays lmao)

if this isnt me fr fr
Original post by Traore
I've done about 3,000 words in total but it's all a mess.. I've done nothing this half term which I'm starting to regret..

Honestly same lololol so much procrastination.
I still have 1000 words to go, sort out my bibliography, go through my essay and it's all due this Tuesday :bawling:

Hopefully, we'll do well :colone:
if this isnt me fr fr

I'm going to end up as a homeless bum in a cardboard box in the future!!
goals xx
I'm going to end up as a homeless bum in a cardboard box in the future!!
goals xx

omg make sure you save enough room for me, hate being left out !!!
omg make sure you save enough room for me, hate being left out !!!

As long as you pay the rent and give me food :colone:
Our parents and teachers r gonna be so proud of us!!!!
As long as you pay the rent and give me food :colone:
Our parents and teachers r gonna be so proud of us!!!!

feeling like a disappointment is a hobby!!
feeling like a disappointment is a hobby!!

wow ur acc twin omg
whats ur insta or sc my friend
Reply 16
Original post by s a i n t
honestly same lololol so much procrastination.
I still have 1000 words to go, sort out my bibliography, go through my essay and it's all due this tuesday :bawling:

Hopefully, we'll do well :e

wait is mine due on tuesday? ****kkk
Original post by Traore
wait is mine due on tuesday? ****kkk

LOOOOLLL idekkkkk,
do you do your work on project q??, if you do they should have deadline dates i think
Reply 18
It's just a really long essay where you cite the literature (use google scholar to find academic research). You talk about what different studies have found and where there is disagreement in the field, for instance. It's basically just a synthesis of everything out there related to your question.
Reply 19
LOOOOLLL idekkkkk,
do you do your work on project q??, if you do they should have deadline dates i think

Our class just works on it during lessons and whenever we feel like it at home.. no deadlines given at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending