The Student Room Group

Odp degree at Hallam University

Hi
I was wondering whether anyone managed to still be accepted on the course in previous years even after not get the required grades?
I’m on an access at the moment and it’s quite difficult to get distinctions and 15 are required for my conditional offer but I keep getting merits!😬
Original post by kbkangaroo
Hi
I was wondering whether anyone managed to still be accepted on the course in previous years even after not get the required grades?
I’m on an access at the moment and it’s quite difficult to get distinctions and 15 are required for my conditional offer but I keep getting merits!😬

Honestly, it just depends how many people apply and what sort of grades they achieve. If they have plenty of people who exceed the grade requirements (plus have good personal statements, references, work experience etc.) then they would not accept those who do not meet requirements. Sometimes universities do accept people with slightly lower grades, although they are reluctant to do so as there is a risk you won't cope with the academic demands of the course.
Original post by kbkangaroo
Hi

Hi @kbkangaroo

I spoke to someone in the faculty and this is their response:

When applicants contact us once they know they are unable to grades for our normal entry requirements, we can review their application as a whole. When doing this, we take in to account the level of relevant experience they have, previous work experience and their transferable skills There are occasions where we are still in a position to make the applicant an offer for the course. This is always on a case by case basis. The best thing to do is to email the Admissions Office and explain your situation in the first instance.

Reanne
Reply 3
Thank you for your input. I will get in touch with them as soon as get more assignments graded!
Kind regards
Kay

Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @kbkangaroo

I spoke to someone in the faculty and this is their response:

When applicants contact us once they know they are unable to grades for our normal entry requirements, we can review their application as a whole. When doing this, we take in to account the level of relevant experience they have, previous work experience and their transferable skills There are occasions where we are still in a position to make the applicant an offer for the course. This is always on a case by case basis. The best thing to do is to email the Admissions Office and explain your situation in the first instance.

Reanne

Quick Reply

Latest