The Student Room Group

Help

I got the following in my mocks..what should I take for Alevel. I chose Business studies, Religious Studies, Psychology, and Government and Politics.
Here's what I got in my year 11 mock:
English (both lit and lang) = 3 *shame shame*
Maths= 6 (loads of people got 4 and 5's)
RE= 8 (2nd highest in my year, but I got highest in my year in year 10 I got a 7!!!!)
Geography= 7 (highest in my class!!!)
Art = 6 (this is what most people got, no one got higher than a 6)
Food Preparation and Nutrition = 8 (highest in my year)
Reply 1
Original post by HettiBetti
I got the following in my mocks..what should I take for Alevel. I chose Business studies, Religious Studies, Psychology, and Government and Politics.
Here's what I got in my year 11 mock:
English (both lit and lang) = 3 *shame shame*
Maths= 6 (loads of people got 4 and 5's)
RE= 8 (2nd highest in my year, but I got highest in my year in year 10 I got a 7!!!!)
Geography= 7 (highest in my class!!!)
Art = 6 (this is what most people got, no one got higher than a 6)
Food Preparation and Nutrition = 8 (highest in my year)

Oh girl I forgot in science I got 2 5's. But our teacher gave us the wrong paper in the exam.. he gave us paper 1 but we were meant to do paper 2 chemistry!!!!
im basically the opposite lmao i got a 7 and 8 in eng, but a 4 and a 5 in geog
do you have nay tips
Reply 3
I would recommend doing RS, Geography, Maths and Government and Politics ss then you have two fascilitating subjects to keep your options open and then two subjects you enjoy and are keen to do for a Level.
Reply 4
Original post by Beth286
I would recommend doing RS, Geography, Maths and Government and Politics ss then you have two fascilitating subjects to keep your options open and then two subjects you enjoy and are keen to do for a Level.

But I'll struggle with maths and if you don't get a B minimum then they won't let you do the actual A level. And with Geography well...I DON'T want to go on the field trip and that's the whole reason I am not taking it!!!
Reply 5
Original post by xnotapplicablex
im basically the opposite lmao i got a 7 and 8 in eng, but a 4 and a 5 in geog
do you have nay tips

Tips for Geography:
Well I just repeatedly read over all my notes loads of times!
I wen to revision classes at school.
I have a revision guide and a workbook..but the workbook came after I got my results:frown:
Look at the mark schemes for Geography as then you'll know what exactly you have to do (e.g. To get 6 marks out of 6 you need 1 level 1 statement, 1 level 2 statement and 1 level 3 statement and you need to do this TWO TIMES!!!) Have a look and it may become easier for you..it hasn't much for me though!!!
Hope that helped:smile: Bye
Any tips or resources for English?
Reply 6
But I'll struggle with maths and if you don't get a B minimum then they won't let you do the actual A level. And with Geography well...I DON'T want to go on the field trip and that's the whole reason I am not taking it!!!

You’re not taking a subject because of a field trip? Are you joking? What’s so bad about the field trip that you’re not taking the subject?
Reply 7
Original post by Beth286
You’re not taking a subject because of a field trip? Are you joking? What’s so bad about the field trip that you’re not taking the subject?

Yeah but...*SHAME SHAME*
Tips for Geography:
Well I just repeatedly read over all my notes loads of times!
I wen to revision classes at school.
I have a revision guide and a workbook..but the workbook came after I got my results:frown:
Look at the mark schemes for Geography as then you'll know what exactly you have to do (e.g. To get 6 marks out of 6 you need 1 level 1 statement, 1 level 2 statement and 1 level 3 statement and you need to do this TWO TIMES!!!) Have a look and it may become easier for you..it hasn't much for me though!!!
Hope that helped:smile: Bye
Any tips or resources for English?

for analysing just keep going deeper and deeper and asking why; why at this point in the text, why has he used similes, other meanings etc
lit is just prep tbh, prep themes, characters, and context, find a way to incorporate it and youll be sick x
Reply 9
Original post by xnotapplicablex
for analysing just keep going deeper and deeper and asking why; why at this point in the text, why has he used similes, other meanings etc
lit is just prep tbh, prep themes, characters, and context, find a way to incorporate it and youll be sick x

Quick Reply

Latest