The Student Room Group

What’s your winter comfort food?

When it’s still chilly outside, I find I need some nice warming and comforting food. ,y favourite is my Mum’s homemade apple and blackberry crumble with loads of custard :love: :yum: what’s yours? Please post any recipes you have below too :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BurstingBubbles
When it’s still chilly outside, I find I need some nice warming and comforting food. ,y favourite is my Mum’s homemade apple and blackberry crumble with loads of custard :love: :yum: what’s yours? Please post any recipes you have below too :biggrin:

Chicken Noodle soup with leeks cooked in my pressure cooker, served with crusty bread.
(edited 6 years ago)
Soups and Stews are good.:smile:

I love some hot chocolate when it's cold outside too.:love:

And weirdly, ice cream.:hmmmm:
Original post by meenu89
It is Chicken Noodle soup with leeks cooked in my pressure cooker, served with crusty bread.

Ooh that sounds good! Does it take long to make? Could you put in any veg in that needed using up?
Original post by 04MR17
Soups and Stews are good.:smile:

I love some hot chocolate when it's cold outside too.:love:

And weirdly, ice cream.:hmmmm:

Hot chocolate you've made or from a cafe? Cream and marshmallows? :love:

I totally get that, it's weird as it's cold but so good. Although it would be made better by warm brownie and ice cream :yum:
Reply 5
Ooh that sounds good! Does it take long to make? Could you put in any veg in that needed using up?

Not at all and you can use any vegetables, nowadays I use cooked chicken I find from the supermarket.

First I saute the chicken (if using cooked you can avoid this), take the chicken out and put in onions (garlic if wanted) until brownish. Add the chicken and vegetables and some kind of liquid, cook under pressure for 15 mins. When done, add noodles and put back under pressure for 3-5 mins. Everything is done in the one pot is the great thing about Pressure Cookers!
(edited 6 years ago)
All kinds of soups. Hot meals. Not really a fan of eating cold food during winter months. Oh and also hot beverages
Reply 7
Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and squirty cream! :drool:
Caramel Shortbread with creamy hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate you've made or from a cafe? Cream and marshmallows? :love:

I totally get that, it's weird as it's cold but so good. Although it would be made better by warm brownie and ice cream :yum:
Mmmm warn brownie and chocolate yes.:moon:

Not cream or marshmallows.:nope:

And I make my hot chocolate.:colone:
Chocolate
Roast dinners
My mum's pork casserole :h: Sadly I don't have a recipe for it or know how to make it. Must learn one day :moon:
Slow cooker meals! Either my vegan sausage casserole or curry. Both so good!
Macaroni and cheese, ideally made with multiple types of cheese, with cheese and onion crisp bits sprinkled on top. :u:
Reply 14
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Macaroni and cheese, ideally made with multiple types of cheese, with cheese and onion crisp bits sprinkled on top. :u:

Made this the other week for some friends with mozzarella, cheddar, emmental, parmesan and cream cheese with bacon lardons in and a gooey cheese layer on top :love:
Original post by RivalPlayer
A hot cup of spiced tea and a good biscuit.

ooh turn that into a chai latte (tastes like I would expect Christmas to taste) and I'm there :love:
Original post by Emma:-)
Chocolate
Roast dinners

I love dipping chocolate in tea so it melts, is that weird?

A roast dinner is probably my favourite ever meal but even better in winter!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My mum's pork casserole :h: Sadly I don't have a recipe for it or know how to make it. Must learn one day :moon:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Slow cooker meals! Either my vegan sausage casserole or curry. Both so good!

These sound amazing! If/when you can do please post the recipes :love:
Original post by PhoenixFortune

Original post by lilGem
Made this the other week for some friends with mozzarella, cheddar, emmental, parmesan and cream cheese with bacon lardons in and a gooey cheese layer on top :love:

Oh my... yes! I'm so hungry now, is anyone else? :lol:
I love dipping chocolate in tea so it melts, is that weird?

A roast dinner is probably my favourite ever meal but even better in winter!

I totally agree about roast dinner being the best meal ever.
I dont personally dip chocolate in tea, but whatever floats your boat. It doesnt seem that weird to me.

Quick Reply

Latest