u sure you didnt have an ionicbond to it
Original post by xnotapplicablex

oh my gosh 11/10 pun
Original post by S a i n t
oh my gosh 11/10 pun

here 24/7 b
Original post by The RAR
Mainly at answering those long long questions worth 12 marks for the Tectonics and the 12 mark and 16 mark questions for your chosen topics, I am doing coasts

Okay, I think it would be useful if you typed AQA command words they talk about words like: assess, evaluate, explain, all that to help tackle the question.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Okay, I think it would be useful if you typed AQA command words they talk about words like: assess, evaluate, explain, all that to help tackle the question.

For the asses questions when you write the points how are you supposed to develop them? Are you just supposed to know them? Because the book only tells you the points, it doesn't tell you how to develop them.
Original post by SophhFrog
Thanks so much! I hated a levels so much! I ended up panicking so much I told my form tutor that I didn't want to go to university (just because I was so scared of not getting in)

I didn't understand anything but eventually everything started to fall into place and I'm sure you'll feel the same.

A levels are so hard! I've found it much harder than university study! Now I'm doing masters applications. If I can do it anyone can :smile:

Hope you're feeling okay. Xx

What did you get in the end?
Original post by xnotapplicablex

ahhh..That was brilliant I must say 😂😂😂
Original post by The RAR
For the asses questions when you write the points how are you supposed to develop them? Are you just supposed to know them? Because the book only tells you the points, it doesn't tell you how to develop them.

You PEEA (point, evidence, explain and analysis). So assess would be like you assess the extent to which it is positive and negative, give a counter balanced argument and a conclusion. I do Edexcel so not sure how much it will help.
Or just drop either bio or chem??
Original post by PEFLAME
Or just drop either bio or chem??

OP wants to do medicine.
That's true!
To be honest, it's good that you don't rely on the teachers for GCSEs because most of the content you can learn by yourself. When you go to do A levels, pester your teachers to get extra help and keep on asking questions lmao

Thanks, Beth, I hope that you'll do well on your GCSE's and do the A-level subjects that you would like to do! xx :smile:

Thankyou, me too haha :smile: xx
Original post by TheAlchemistress
What did you get in the end?

I got BBC in mine.
Reply 53
They kick you out?? Are you sure they're just saying that to scare you?, my school usually say that but they never end up kicking people out even if they got U's (bearing in mind that this is a grammar school, so they're super strict)

No
They kick people out
Original post by IDOZ
No
They kick people out

that sucks so much, hopefully you'll do well on your mocks :smile:
Reply 55
that sucks so much, hopefully you'll do well on your mocks :smile:

Failed those
D and a U
Resiting the exam that I got a u in
Original post by IDOZ
Failed those
D and a U
Resiting the exam that I got a u in

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 57
Not gunna lie, I am SO glad I cam across this thread!! I’m taking Biology, Chemistry and English Lit AS (I dropped psychology pretty quick because I was soooo stressed). Just did my mocks and got a D in Bio and a C in Chem. I worked soooo hard for them as well. I want to do medicine too so I understand your stress completely!! I get really stressed and overwhelmed easily. I feel what I’m doing at the moment revision wise isn’t a quick fix for tests at the moment so maybe don’t focus on these mini tests and grades! Just try and focus on the end goal because I’m sure you’re doing enough work because for some people it takes time for things to click (if that makes sense) but mannnnnn I feel you rn. If you ever need support and what not, message me! Id be so glad to help and it would probably help me too!
Reply 58
Good luck! :smile:

Thanks
So I took geog, psychology, bio, and chem ( + EPQ but that's going to end soon, THANK THE LORDS :yeah:)
The only subjects I'm not failing are geog and psychology, I've been failing my bio and chem tests even though I try and revise as much as I can!

I'm really worried because I want to aim for Medicine, but the grades I've been getting (B-U's mostly E's and D's) are not good, I'm really anxious because I feel like I might fail my mocks as well and not get the desired predicted grade???

Same here bro, i feel like such a failure because my average grade is a D

Quick Reply

Latest