The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL portico is driving me crazy

i joined this site out of complete desperation at the UCL portico site. i was sent an email by the admissions department requiring me to log on to the portal to upload supporting documents. i followed all the instructions and made it to the main page. the instructions given to me were to upload the documents onto the "uploads" tab. easier said than done, i simply cannot find the "uploads" tab for whatever reason. i clicked every button within view, explored every tab and even used the search bar to try and find it but it just does not appear???? i don't get it. i even went on forums to see if anyone has experienced this before and apparently not? i emailed the portico helpdesk two days ago and still haven't received a solution.

has anyone uploaded documents onto the portal before???? please help i'm actually about to cry
Original post by alyssaphillips
i joined this site out of complete desperation at the UCL portico site. i was sent an email by the admissions department requiring me to log on to the portal to upload supporting documents. i followed all the instructions and made it to the main page. the instructions given to me were to upload the documents onto the "uploads" tab. easier said than done, i simply cannot find the "uploads" tab for whatever reason. i clicked every button within view, explored every tab and even used the search bar to try and find it but it just does not appear???? i don't get it. i even went on forums to see if anyone has experienced this before and apparently not? i emailed the portico helpdesk two days ago and still haven't received a solution.

has anyone uploaded documents onto the portal before???? please help i'm actually about to cry

I can’t comment on portico directly but how are you accessing the portal? Are you using a laptop/computer or a tablet/phone.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by PQ
I can’t comment on portico directly but how are you accessing the portal? Are you using a laptop/computer or a tablet/phone.

a laptop! i tried using a PC too but it simply just won't show up and i've sent around four emails to ucl and i still haven't gotten a reply. would it help if i uploaded screenshots of what i see?? thanks for replying btw!
Reply 3
Hey I had a similar problem with portico a couple of months back. The UCL help desk take AGES to reply, unfortunately, and I was only able to get a quick response because the admissions tutor for my course happened to stumble across my post on student room and help me out. How important is it that you upload these documents? If they aren’t compulsory then don’t stress out TOO much. Have you called the help desk? If you go on the portico website you can get their number, I believe.
Original post by delapole
Hey I had a similar problem with portico a couple of months back. The UCL help desk take AGES to reply, unfortunately, and I was only able to get a quick response because the admissions tutor for my course happened to stumble across my post on student room and help me out. How important is it that you upload these documents? If they aren’t compulsory then don’t stress out TOO much. Have you called the help desk? If you go on the portico website you can get their number, I believe.

hey thanks for replying!! same here i've sent them around 8 emails and all of them got ignored and i just got really frustrated after that. the documents they wanted me to submit were my transcripts which for some reason they didn't receive so i assume they are quite important? I would love to call the helpdesk since it'll make things much less complicated, but i'm not in the UK so it'll cost me a lot! thanks for the suggestion though :smile: and i do wish the admissions tutor for my course would be lurking around here haha. how did you end up submitting your documents?
Reply 5
hey thanks for replying!! same here i've sent them around 8 emails and all of them got ignored and i just got really frustrated after that. the documents they wanted me to submit were my transcripts which for some reason they didn't receive so i assume they are quite important? I would love to call the helpdesk since it'll make things much less complicated, but i'm not in the UK so it'll cost me a lot! thanks for the suggestion though :smile: and i do wish the admissions tutor for my course would be lurking around here haha. how did you end up submitting your documents?

Well the admissions tutor asked me to email him about my problem through my personal email so he could chase it up with the help desk. Literally about a day later the problem was solved for me. My issue was that the upload button wouldn’t work and refused to let me submit a document, and it said that the document had supposedly already been submitted when it hadn’t. So I think I just got really lucky this one time, otherwise the help desk people reply almost a month late (I got an email from them WEEKS after the problem had been solved for me which was weird and kind of irritating). The best thing you can do is just wait I suppose? Or perhaps email your transcripts directly to the admissions people of your course while also explaining your problem, just in case. So if anyone emailed you asking you why you hadn’t submitted anything, you could just tell them that you HAD sent them numerous emails and the required documents also, and you’d have the proof to back it up as well! Good luck :smile: (UCL portico is AWFUL, by the way. Even setting up my password for it was a huge drag)
Original post by delapole
Well the admissions tutor asked me to email him about my problem through my personal email so he could chase it up with the help desk. Literally about a day later the problem was solved for me. My issue was that the upload button wouldn’t work and refused to let me submit a document, and it said that the document had supposedly already been submitted when it hadn’t. So I think I just got really lucky this one time, otherwise the help desk people reply almost a month late (I got an email from them WEEKS after the problem had been solved for me which was weird and kind of irritating). The best thing you can do is just wait I suppose? Or perhaps email your transcripts directly to the admissions people of your course while also explaining your problem, just in case. So if anyone emailed you asking you why you hadn’t submitted anything, you could just tell them that you HAD sent them numerous emails and the required documents also, and you’d have the proof to back it up as well! Good luck :smile: (UCL portico is AWFUL, by the way. Even setting up my password for it was a huge drag)

yes i relate so much! the portal is horrible, and the people must be really inefficient for all of my eight emails to go ignored. i've already sent my transcripts to their email and hopefully they received it & if they didn't i'm just gonna hand over the screenshots ahaha! tell me bout it i spent a good five minutes just trying to come up with a password that fit all their whack, specific requirements. thanks for all your help :smile:
Reply 7
omg thank you! Portico is awful! Just creating the account was difficult enough and choosing a password was a nightmare. Plus UCL wanted me to fill in some documents but never even sent me them! So I had ask them like 5 times for it ...now that I've filled it in and sent it back they are taking their sweet time responding to me....
Original post by _HS
omg thank you! Portico is awful! Just creating the account was difficult enough and choosing a password was a nightmare. Plus UCL wanted me to fill in some documents but never even sent me them! So I had ask them like 5 times for it ...now that I've filled it in and sent it back they are taking their sweet time responding to me....

right?!??! the password was hard enough to start with and when you ask the team for help you don't get a response until five days later and that's if you're lucky. Portico is also really archaic they should probably think of updating it. how's your admisisons coming along?
Reply 9
right?!??! the password was hard enough to start with and when you ask the team for help you don't get a response until five days later and that's if you're lucky. Portico is also really archaic they should probably think of updating it. how's your admisisons coming along?

well I've got an offer for history and I want to firm them. But they can't determine my fee status so I had to fill in this loooong form and scan EVERY page of my passport which took me ages. I've emailed all that document to 2 places plus I've handed a physical copy of it to UCL (thank god I live in london) but there hasn't been any response. I can't firm then until they've clarified my fee status and it's really stressing me out because all my friends have been firming and booking accommodation and I want to sort everything out soon! Argh it seems like they are really unorganised, are you an international student and what course are you applying for? It must be more annoying for you, at least I can actually go to UCL if they keep ignoring me...
Well I have same problem I have been told that I received and offer letter and can be found in Portico but I have tried many time to find any button that mentioned application status and could not. in such cases where should a student find an application status in Portico ?

Quick Reply

Latest