The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
She's a Queen, YOU must Bow down to her
Know your place little man

true
I wish some girl talk to me as well. I want to chat with a girl
Join dating sites, ask when they're taking you for a drink, turn up for drinks. That's literally it. I was too lazy to sit around waiting for men to make the first move - everyone fears rejection.
Original post by loveleest
Hmm, I am not too sure about online dating though. Most guy just want a fling.

That's not necessarily true as most men are looking for a long term relationship too. Plus men who approach on the street, club or anywhere could only be after a fling too.
I used to get some men approach me on the street years ago and say I don't want a relationship but I just want to sleep with you.
I was always polite and said No when I should have just told them to **** off like most other women would have. Then I'd be angry with myself when I got home or the next day for not telling them off. It always made me feel like I'm not worth anything or not important or that I'd always be single.
It's a disgusting thing for any man to say to a woman, maybe in a club they can get away with it but no man should approach women on the street and say that.
Sometimes whenever men would say hello to me or ask me out on the street I would look really angry and ignore them or not say hello
because I thought they were going to say the same thing to me or I'd flake on dates because I'd think maybe they were not being serious and just wanted a fling too but were not saying it.
So just because I've always been approached on the street it doesn't really count if they say disgusting things like that as it's not flattering at all and puts me off men. I used to get men pulling their car over to ask me out and one time a man in his car asked if he could pay me, he could see that I was upset by that and apologised straightaway but I never wore short skirts or revealing tops or makeup so I don't know why they'd do that but I don't know about other women but I'm sure some have had similar experiences or worse so I'm not surprised some women don't like men approaching them on the street and as for women approaching men on the street for a date I never would because I'm not very confident plus some men do think women who approach them first are ****s or easy and will tell all their friends this but men want you to believe they wouldn't think that and they like the fantasy that women will come to them so they don't have to do any work.

As for dating sites
It depends on which one's you use and always write in your profile that you're looking for a long term relationship so the men who only want a fling will not contact you as that's what I've always done on dating sites so that I don't attract those types.
But there's no harm just signing up with them and finding out if it works.
Happn is a good one to try even if it didnt work you have nothing to lose by signing up with that and others.

As for Bigo Live you can just start off by watching other people on it and see if you like it as you can also make new friends on there or even make money for doing nothing if you become a broadcaster.
Before i joined I never knew live streaming apps were an easy way to get dates but they are from what I've seen.
At first I didn't like it but the next day I started really getting into it because my friend showed me the right people to watch.
If you decide to try it and you don't see any English people on it you'll think it's boring as this is what people tell me when I show it to them on my mobile phone and they always say there's no English on it so i have to tell them there are a lot of them on it but their sometimes hard to find or it depends what time they come on as some of them will be working so they come on in the evening but when you do find them that's when it gets interesting.
Original post by Judge Jules
That's not necessarily true as most men are looking for a long term relationship too. Plus men who approach on the street, club or anywhere could only be after a fling too.
I used to get some men approach me on the street years ago and say I don't want a relationship but I just want to sleep with you.
I was always polite and said No when I should have just told them to **** off like most other women would have. Then I'd be angry with myself when I got home or the next day for not telling them off. It always made me feel like I'm not worth anything or not important or that I'd always be single.
It's a disgusting thing for any man to say to a woman, maybe in a club they can get away with it but no man should approach women on the street and say that.
Sometimes whenever men would say hello to me or ask me out on the street I would look really angry and ignore them or not say hello
because I thought they were going to say the same thing to me or I'd flake on dates because I'd think maybe they were not being serious and just wanted a fling too but were not saying it.
So just because I've always been approached on the street it doesn't really count if they say disgusting things like that as it's not flattering at all and puts me off men. I used to get men pulling their car over to ask me out and one time a man in his car asked if he could pay me, he could see that I was upset by that and apologised straightaway but I never wore short skirts or revealing tops or makeup so I don't know why they'd do that but I don't know about other women but I'm sure some have had similar experiences or worse so I'm not surprised some women don't like men approaching them on the street and as for women approaching men on the street for a date I never would because I'm not very confident plus some men do think women who approach them first are ****s or easy and will tell all their friends this but men want you to believe they wouldn't think that and they like the fantasy that women will come to them so they don't have to do any work.

As for dating sites
It depends on which one's you use and always write in your profile that you're looking for a long term relationship so the men who only want a fling will not contact you as that's what I've always done on dating sites so that I don't attract those types.
But there's no harm just signing up with them and finding out if it works.
Happn is a good one to try even if it didnt work you have nothing to lose by signing up with that and others.

As for Bigo Live you can just start off by watching other people on it and see if you like it as you can also make new friends on there or even make money for doing nothing if you become a broadcaster.
Before i joined I never knew live streaming apps were an easy way to get dates but they are from what I've seen.
At first I didn't like it but the next day I started really getting into it because my friend showed me the right people to watch.
If you decide to try it and you don't see any English people on it you'll think it's boring as this is what people tell me when I show it to them on my mobile phone and they always say there's no English on it so i have to tell them there are a lot of them on it but their sometimes hard to find or it depends what time they come on as some of them will be working so they come on in the evening but when you do find them that's when it gets interesting.

She has some weird logic going on in her head

A guy on dating site is just looking for a fling/sex ...but a roadman who waltzes upto her in the street is looking for a long term monogamous relationship?

https://tinyurl.com/ybus59x4
In response to OP.

I don't date no more. so there is no struggle involved.
Maybe it's just me but dating today, specifically for women seems so difficult. I really don't understand how women date today because I feel like the "dating culture" has changed. Guys now are expecting women to make the first moves, ask for dates etc. It's so hard to meet guys, and talk to them.
So how do women even date ? I guess it might just be me who finds it incredibly difficult.

Don't always wait around for the guy to make a move,altho as a woman I would prefer If a guy did. Go out and enjoy life,meet great new people,online dating,or maybe ask a friend to introduce you to a potential date. Endless possibilities
If I really like the guy and he hasn’t initiated anything yet, I’ll make the first move.

You just need to get out there. You only live once, make the most of it.
That’s not guys anymore believe it or not.
But girls are truly changed I don’t mean to generalize but many of them expect boys to be like a superman to provide thing that their father couldn’t provide for them
(edited 6 years ago)
I finished a long term relationship with my girlfriend last week as she was really cold with me . I was thinking about a nice proposal but things just jeopardized very quickly as i felt she has lost her interest in our relationship
Long story short , expectation hurts , I really loved her and I expected her to love me as much as i did
But the more I tried the less I achieved.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 130
I am a guy and I don't know how I got here, but I will give my two cents. I am personally looking for a traditional woman, being 20 already I have had nothing but problems finding a woman who meets my simple desires. Why is it so hard to find women who are a healthy weight (not obese), dress aesthetically (not like a whore), look at least semi-attractive, have a personality/aspirations beyond microwave tofu, and most of all, is a virgin. I want to settle down and have a traditional death do us part old style marriage with children, and I will not settle unless the already previously stated 5/5 is met. Out of everything I stated most women I talk to only usually have 3 out of the 5 or less. I may find for example a 19 year old girl who looks great and with a great personality, (who I met in a Christian church) but she lost her virginity at 16 with "some guy who doesn't matter"
No, I hardly get approached and I've never been asked out. Thanks!

I know you won't approach but you're really not helping yourself much but not approaching

an increasing number of girls are either willing to make the first move, or make it plainly obvious to a guy that they like them, ..and other girls ARE your competition.......

In primark today in the que some girls were looking at me a lot and one of them was urging her mate to approach me. She almost done it in the end, but I guess shyness just about overcame her ...so she just started giving me this strong come over here and talk to me look

I kinda pretended I didn't realise.
The girl was quite attractive but in all honesty probably was like half my age.....
I know what you mean, dating seems hard these days, but I've heard guys say the same too. I think partly because of dating apps people don't give others a proper chance, they just move on to the next one.
I rarely get approached, but then I don't really go out often. I've asked guys out before, so it isn't like I expect them to do all the work. Probably the best way to meet guys is through friends or doing hobbies, then you'll have something in common.
Original post by ANM775
She has some weird logic going on in her head

A guy on dating site is just looking for a fling/sex ...but a roadman who waltzes upto her in the street is looking for a long term monogamous relationship?

https://tinyurl.com/ybus59x4

https://youtu.be/x_oQqCFVYHM
This is a bloke called Jester but on You Tube he calls himself Rockel French. He always records people from Bigo Live and puts it on You Tube then people argue with him about that andvtell him to take it down. The best thing about Bigo for me are the arguments people get into, I'm not interested in finding a boyfriend or making friends on it just watching people having funny arguments That's what makes it so interesting and funny to watch. But there's all types of different people on it doing different things.
Thanks for some of the replies, Although I have absolutely 0 urge to date so it doesn't really matter for the advice

Can a mod please shut down this thread?
Reply 135
Sounds like you didn't get the responses you were looking for so now you want to shut it down. You have to learn relationship dynamics before you are old. Throwing everything under the rug is always a terrible idea.
Thanks for some of the replies, Although I have absolutely 0 urge to date so it doesn't really matter for the advice

Can a mod please shut down this thread?

So all this advice was a waste of time because you're not going to use any of it therefore wasting everybody else's time who put in effort to help you then crying for the mods to close the thread because everybody isn't kissing your ass.
Why do people keep asking to close down threads, don't they know that other people have exactly the same problems and need the advice too, even if your so ungrateful that you don't want it anymore somebody else can use it and they'd be Grateful for any help and advice given.
And oh I take it back your definitely NOT a queen but I was joking about that anyway but you took it very serious. You're more like an entitled premadonna
I do feel sorry for the man that does end up with you because you'll act exactly like those Bridezillas throwing their dummy out of the pram when people don't tell them what they want to hear.
What was the point of this thread then ?
And the more you tell yourself you don't want a man everybody knows it's a lie.
Your desperate for some C and everybody knows it.
Sigh.
Can a mod pls shut down this thread
Original post by Fasih123
I wish some girl talk to me as well. I want to chat with a girl

If you go on Bigo Live lots of girls will chat with you, you might even find a girlfriend.
Although Bigo is not a dating app but some people have still met their partners through it.
Sigh.
Can a mod pls shut down this thread

SIGH, You're very selfish not wanting anybody else to benefit from anymore advice aren't you ?
Nobody should be allowed to shut down any threads once they've made them just because their embarrassed that they started the thread because all you really have to do is just Not reply back anymore, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending