The Student Room Group

Why do ppl who shop at Waitrose treat others like absolut ****?

It doesnt make you better than others it means you’re a **** tbh, stuckup middle class ****!
I don’t get if you’re angry at the fact that they’re (upper) middle class, or at the fact that they (apparently) treat others like garbage. That’s definitely something I’ve never heard before.
Is that class envy I detect?

Choose to be wealthy or choose to be poor and envious. Your choice.
Some just hold the higher than thou attitude
Some of us only go there for the reductions :tongue:
In my experience the OP is an absolutely untrue. If you shop at Waitrose you are more likely to encounter customers and staff who are polite and respectful. never had a problem there at all. Sounds like the OP has an extremely large chip on their shoulder.
Reply 6
bit stereotypical loool idk about others but i go there just to get free coffee in the mornings
How often does the OP ship at Waitrose. The staff are so well trained and relaxed they pay no attention to class and have good customer service. Customers tend to be middle class, but very polite. Good quality food but often expensive. If I see someone spending tons of money on what looks like very overpriced food, then that is up to them. I certainly dont have the class issues/ envy/ anger that the OP seems to.
waitrose is **** tbh , tesco ftw
Probably because you walk in with your tracksuit bottoms halfway down your leg and using swear words instead of punctuation
Original post by Got Milk
It doesnt make you better than others it means you’re a **** tbh, stuckup middle class ****!

I always shop at Waitrose. I really can notice the quality difference compared to other supermarkets. It's nice to not have to shop with chavs around and there are usually no screaming children like in other supermarkets. I have always found the staff in Waitrose faultless; they are always polite and friendly, and actually seem to want to help you. The staff remember what I say to them when they ask what I'm doing or how my day has been; they ask about things from previous conversations when I check out.

The free coffee or tea is a nice bonus and it's convenient to have the facility there if you're in a hurry, or if you just don't want to have to go somewhere else for one if you've bought a lot of stuff. It's not my fault if you can't afford to shop there.
😂 you’re on a roll 🎣
Original post by AperfectBalance
Probably because you walk in with your tracksuit bottoms halfway down your leg and using swear words instead of punctuation

Typical middle class tosser, not all of us can live in Cambridgeshire and shop at Waitrose. Just because you do, it doesn’t give you the right to look down on othets.
do they? I'm working class but even I shop at waitrose and I always adopt a sense of snobbery too when I do. just do the same. kinda like the titanic quote goes 'pretend you own a goldmine and you're in the club'. you have to be a snob to be accepted by snobs :yes:
Original post by Got Milk
Typical middle class tosser, not all of us can live in Cambridgeshire and shop at Waitrose. Just because you do, it doesn’t give you the right to look down on othets.

I look down on those who deserve it, be it low, middle or upper class, anyone from these classes can act respectfully yet so many do not.
Lel y so triggered?
probably cos you're a frog

and they're like I say whats a frog doing walking about in waitrose? probably escaped from the frozen food section
hey my grandma shops at Waitrose
Because we can always spot the tourist, the imposter.

Quick Reply

Latest