The Student Room Group

What do feminists have to gain from all false sexual harassment claims and scandals?

I'll let the following two articles answer that question for me:

Meet the feminists bidding to take over The Weinstein Company (buying it for literally nothing)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/meet-women-bidding-take-weinstein-company/

Article by the DailyMail promoting the idea that top companies should be run by women to stop sexual harrassment...lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5404063/Are-female-led-companies-answer-sexual-misconduct.html

Women have throughout history used false rape claims to abuse and murder men, to gain power, attention, sympathy and revenge. Feminists today use this same old strategy.

Picture of Reuben Stacey. A black man lynched after being falsely accused of rape by a woman in the 30s....a time during which thousands of men, white and black, falsely accused of rape by racist women, disgruntled women, women after money, attention and sympathy, met the same fate. Notice the girl laughing in the background.
(edited 6 years ago)
Whilst I agree it's not ideal to be punishing men as soon as allegations emerge with no course of action or investigation (due to people not wanting to risk the public dissatisfaction). You're post lacks mention of specific false sexual harassment claims. Without these it seems difficult to actually answer the question. If there are any false claims I'd imagine the motive behind each claim is likely to be unique.

The picture is also distasteful and irrelevant for what you are saying. The picture depicts a race issue and I don't presume from a still photo that the girl is laughing, or she knew that the claim was false.
Original post by CookieButter
I'll let the following two articles answer that question for me:

Meet the feminists bidding to take over The Weinstein Company (buying it for literally nothing)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/meet-women-bidding-take-weinstein-company/

Article by the DailyMail promoting the idea that top companies should be run by women to stop sexual harrassment...lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5404063/Are-female-led-companies-answer-sexual-misconduct.html

Women have throughout history used false rape claims to abuse and murder men, to gain power, attention, sympathy and revenge. Feminists today use this same old strategy.

Picture of Reuben Stacey. A black man lynched after being falsely accused of rape by a woman in the 30s....a time during which thousands of men, white and black, falsely accused of rape by racist women, disgruntled women, women after money, attention and sympathy, met the same fate. Notice the girl laughing in the background.

Have you ever been sexually harassed?

Who are you to judge whether someone has been harassed or not?
Feminism is a twisted fundamentalist ideology that encourages false claims against law abiding men simply because feminists hate men.

Feminism is also responsible for a lot more. By attacking the traditional family unit and encouraging women to be selective in their mating choices (including making false allegations when they regret a one night stand), they deny men sexual access to women, encourage loneliness and cause men to take their own lives. It’s sickening.
Original post by ByEeek
Have you ever been sexually harassed?

Who are you to judge whether someone has been harassed or not?

The argument that someone's opinion is less valid simply beceause of what they've experienced or who they are is absurdity.

Under the same token, you're telling me that you wouldn't get treated for cancer by a doctor under he himself has had cancer?

Of course not. Because experiening something doesn't neccasarily make your argument better than someone else's.
Original post by PerryPerry95
Whilst I agree it's not ideal to be punishing men as soon as allegations emerge with no course of action or investigation (due to people not wanting to risk the public dissatisfaction). You're post lacks mention of specific false sexual harassment claims. Without these it seems difficult to actually answer the question. If there are any false claims I'd imagine the motive behind each claim is likely to be unique.

The picture is also distasteful and irrelevant for what you are saying. The picture depicts a race issue and I don't presume from a still photo that the girl is laughing, or she knew that the claim was false.

You asked for some examples, so here you go buddy. Liam Allen (accused) Gemma Beale (an accuser of 6 men) Rebecca Evans. Neil and Christine Hamilton were accused. And to show some balance Nick and the whole VIP scandal.

I afeee the picture seems slightly odd and rather distasteful
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
The argument that someone's opinion is less valid simply beceause of what they've experienced or who they are is absurdity.

Under the same token, you're telling me that you wouldn't get treated for cancer by a doctor under he himself has had cancer?

Of course not. Because experiening something doesn't neccasarily make your argument better than someone else's.

I just find it sad that you question a movement of women who hither to have been silent and have little to gain from speaking out.

Is the person in this article making it up?
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/sexual-harassment-manchester-hospitality-industry-14277899

If you haven't harassed anyone you have nothing to fear. If you have harassed someone chances are it wasn't one person and those people are starting to feel empowered to say it isn't acceptable.

You seem to be suggesting sexual harassment only exists in the imagination of gold diggers.
Reply 7
Original post by ByEeek
I just find it sad that you question a movement of women who hither to have been silent and have little to gain from speaking out.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/sexual-harassment-manchester-hospitality-industry-14277899

If you haven't harassed anyone you have nothing to fear. If you have harassed someone chances are it wasn't one person and those people are starting to feel empowered to say it isn't acceptable.

You seem to be suggesting sexual harassment only exists in the imagination of gold diggers.

But court will always be in favour of women in rape cases if both sides have no evidence.
Original post by ByEeek

I'm not going to bother addressing any of what you said because I've not actually suggested ANYTHING - you're putting words into my mouh. All I've said was that your argument wasn't valid. I'm not the person who made the post.
Original post by Andrew97
You asked for some examples, so here you go buddy. Liam Allen (accused) Gemma Beale (an accuser of 6 men) Rebecca Evans. Neil and Christine Hamilton were accused. And to show some balance Nick and the whole VIP scandal.

I afeee the picture seems slightly odd and rather distasteful

Exactly, all those cases likely have unique motives behind them. In my mind though they don't really fit with the OP, I was assuming that this was talking about recent scandals that sparked #MeToo as opposed to specific false rape cases. I only think that because none of these cases had much feminism going on.

As a man it is truly terrifying to be faced with a false rape allegation, even if the charges are overturned, and if you have 40,000 text messages of evidence then I fear people wont always look at you the same.
Original post by PerryPerry95
Exactly, all those cases likely have unique motives behind them. In my mind though they don't really fit with the OP, I was assuming that this was talking about recent scandals that sparked #MeToo as opposed to specific false rape cases. I only think that because none of these cases had much feminism going on.

As a man it is truly terrifying to be faced with a false rape allegation, even if the charges are overturned, and if you have 40,000 text messages of evidence then I fear people wont always look at you the same.

Indeed. I was more trying to prove your point than the OP, whom I disagree with, each false accusation is in a different circumstance and doesn’t have a lot to do with feminism.
The example of black men being lynched because of false allegations made against them by white women is totally unrelated to the issue of feminism, an earlier user was correct in stating that the photo is very distasteful. The lynchings were a matter of racism and caused by racist men and women.
Original post by sfs1012
But court will always be in favour of women in rape cases if both sides have no evidence.

No it won't. What makes you say that? What happened to guilty beyond all reasonable doubt?
sorry but what does the laughing girl in the background have to do with the entire article and topic? sure its not right but she was just a child and an observer this was just the norm to someone like her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending