The Student Room Group

Which GCSEs are you choosing/did you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemuffin
Well... i am half German so 😂 i speak it and it’s my “easy” gcse. But if you love languages why not do 3 of them? I would have it i could have tbh. Also look through the spec of drama and rs, apparently drama is a lot of essays and quite different to before. But as with anything, if you’re interested, then you should do it. Rs is relatively easy compared to other humanities... but you might prefer drama. You have to decide that.

Idkkk ugh it's stressing me out. I think I'll put Drama as my second option (we get two completely free choices, and another two but one of these has to be a humanity and the other a language. Of the two completely free choices, you have to rank them in order of importance so if both don't work with the timetable, then I'll drop the second option and go to my first reserve) and RS as my first reserve:smile:
Reply 61
English lit &lang
Maths
Geography
Triple Science
Philosophy & Ethics (RS)
French (compulsory sadly)
Original post by DipdyeSpork
Same it’s a nightmare partnered with music

Omg nooo
Original post by createanaccount1
currently in year 11

maths & add maths fmsq
english lit & lang
three separate sciences
latin
computer science
geography
history
rs short course (took gcse in year 10, achieved A*)

I wish my school offered Latin:frown:
Original post by gurlll
English lit
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gurlll
English lit &lang
Maths
Geography
Triple Science
Philosophy & Ethics (RS)
French (compulsory sadly)

'Sadly' omg gurrllllll (see what I did there) I love French
Original post by tooschool4cool
Omg nooo

Yeah it’s like a terrible mistake but it’s all I can do 😂
Original post by DipdyeSpork
We didn’t get much choice at our school. At the moment I’m doing these.
Compulsory:
English Lang and lit
Maths
Triple science (Chem, bio and physics)
PDE (personal development education-bull tbh)
PE
-
Chosen:
Art
Music
History

Noice:smile:
I took:

English Language
English Literature
Maths
Further Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
Geography
German
Business BTEC level 2
Original post by JustACoincidence
I took:

English Language
English Literature
Maths
Further Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
Geography
German
Business BTEC level 2

Had you studied german before gcse?
Reply 70
'Sadly' omg gurrllllll (see what I did there) I love French

Really? I absolutely hate it and think it's a waste. Spent these last 2 days and right now on my speaking questions and loool yeah i saw what you done
Original post by gurlll
Really? I absolutely hate it and think it's a waste. Spent these last 2 days and right now on my speaking questions and loool yeah i saw what you done

Yeah, I'm going to do both French and Spanish ahaha:smile:
If anyone wants to know about any of these GCSEs just ask me - I'm in year 11 atm :tongue:

Maths
FSMQ Additional Maths (although I recently decided to drop it but I have been doing it this year and basically done the syllabus)
English Literature
English Language
Science (triple award)
French
History
German
Latin
Spanish
:biggrin:
Reply 73
I love languages, so I would tell you not to, but hey:smile: would triple science be useful for architecture? (I don't know aha)

Triple Science would be great, but I don’t think I’ll enjoy it as currently I hate it with a passion 😂
Reply 74
Original post by mundosinfin
If anyone wants to know about any of these GCSEs just ask me - I'm in year 11 atm :tongue:

Maths
FSMQ Additional Maths (although I recently decided to drop it but I have been doing it this year and basically done the syllabus)
English Literature
English Language
Science (triple award)
French
History
German
Latin
Spanish

4 languages!! How are you finding that, isn’t it confusing
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes - everyone does a language in my school up until year 9 when you choose your options. One half did French, the other (my population) did German.
Original post by ktech5
4 languages!! How are you finding that, isn’t it confusing

I don't find it confusing but it's a lot of work :tongue: I'm in a native class for French and have been learning it for a long time so it isn't too bad. I would recommend triple science for architecture btw, it isn't essential, but I think you would want to do physics for architecture?
Compulsory-
Applications of Mathematics- A
Methods in Mathematics- B
English Language- A
English Literature- B
Biology- B
Chemistry- C
Physics- C
Citizenship Short Course- B

Choices-
Food Tech- A
Computing- B
Geography- C
Spanish- D
Language Leaders Short Course- C

In terms of choices, my school said I had to pick a humanity (geography), a language (Spanish), a creative subject (computing) and one other from these categories (food tech) plus one short course (language leaders). Had I had free choice, I certainly wouldn't have picked to do a language.
Original post by mundosinfin

Maths
English Literature
English Language
Science (triple award)
French
History
German
Latin
Spanish

Woah 4 languages!! What's that like? Had you studied German before GCSE?
Original post by ktech5
Triple Science would be great, but I don’t think I’ll enjoy it as currently I hate it with a passion 😂

Ahhh ok😂

Quick Reply

Latest