The Student Room Group

Drake gave away 1 million dollars for Miami Community

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by h3333
I know what the money was intended for originally.

I know he did it on video, that was my point, the best intentions are those done behind closed doors.

And that still doesn't alleviate from my post, he did it to portray himself as this nice samaratan who gives back to the community, when behind the truth is it's all self greed.

This video will double the money he donated through other sources because how the public now views him from this video.

at the end of the day he could've done two things with the money.
1. waste it on an unnecessary video in expensive cars etc...
2. given the money away.
he did it because he chose the second option. Im pretty sure he does the same without the camera rolling. I don't think its fake at all he did it because he wanted to give away the money whether that makes him look like a good Samaritan or not. I don't know where you get the idea its all self-greed it seems to be just speculation.
Original post by h3333
Yeah I am good looking. Duh!:tongue:

piece of ****
Original post by h3333
It's all promotion!

He knows portraying himself in a positive light to the public will further grow his fan base and in turn he'll sell more albums and make more $$$$$ because of it.

It's all just a ploy to deviate from his true intentions.

You could say that... But what he did was an act of kindness, regardless.
Reply 23
Original post by FloralLuxe
piece of ****

Okay I take it back you're not butters, just chubby wobbly.
lmao can everyone just allow drake hes doing a good deed
Very nice of him
Original post by h3333

I’d rather be chubby than be like you.
Original post by h3333

Original post by FloralLuxe
I’d rather be chubby than be like you.

Guys... Can we stay on topic, or take this "banter" out of here.

Cheers :yy:
Reply 28
Original post by yusyus
at the end of the day he could've done two things with the money.
1. waste it on an unnecessary video in expensive cars etc...
2. given the money away.
he did it because he chose the second option. Im pretty sure he does the same without the camera rolling. I don't think its fake at all he did it because he wanted to give away the money whether that makes him look like a good Samaritan or not. I don't know where you get the idea its all self-greed it seems to be just speculation.

So you agree with me, what he did was an investment and that he is not really a good person!

Most of these Celebrities never do any kind of good gesture without their being any kind of return on their investment.

Drake is one of them, like when he was advocating for the UK grime scene to be in the forefront he was doing it so he could grow his demographic and gain more fans in the UK. And people thought he was just being "a nice guy".

Straight facts.
Reply 29
Original post by h3333
So you agree with me, what he did was an investment and that he is not really a good person!

Most of these Celebrities never do any kind of good gesture without their being any kind of return on their investment.

Drake is one of them, like when he was advocating for the UK grime scene to be in the forefront he was doing it so he could grow his demographic and gain more fans in the UK. And people thought he was just being "a nice guy".

Straight facts.

no, I don't agree, you don't know his intentions at all, it may have ended up an investment but that doesn't mean he's a bad person He gave money away as opposed to wasting it. He needed a video and he used the video to not only give money away but to promote the act of charity as well.
You can't say what he does behind closed door because he doesn't video it, isn't that what you want? He gives money away on video and he's showing off. He doesn't do it on video and all of a sudden hes part of "most celebrities" who never do a good gesture

Drake did not need to grow his demographic in the UK... he was always very big in the UK before grime even became popular...
Original post by h3333
No, I think you'd be better off being like me.

Aw, cute vm:wink:
Reply 31
It’s a great thing to do but is also an unbelievably smart PR stunt, he’s given a million but will receive more than that so... it’s not that deep.
Original post by K2G
It’s a great thing to do but is also an unbelievably smart PR stunt, he’s given a million but will receive more than that so... it’s not that deep.

Ive got to agree there, giving away a million wasn't exactly a huge loss for him or such a noble gesture because he's going to make even more from the video and such.
but.. still it was a good deed
Original post by h3333
It's all promotion!

He knows portraying himself in a positive light to the public will further grow his fan base and in turn he'll sell more albums and make more $$$$$ because of it.

It's all just a ploy to deviate from his true intentions.

tbh it probably is but I don't blame him for it, and in fairness would you rather rich celebs gave money to charities/events/random acts of "kindness" etc publicly to look good...or hoard their wealth and not do it at all.

I always said if I was a top premier league footballer I'd do exactly what he's doing, because then when you **** up everyone will go "yeah but he's such a nice guy tho..".
Original post by mc_miah
I don't give a damn if he did it "to hide his true intentions". He didn't need to donate 1 mil-he is already seen in good light, he is already famous, already rich.
God Bless Drake, one of the greatest, influential rapper/singer ever. ****ing love him. :love:

lol yeah too many cynics here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending