The Student Room Group

Is it okay if a guy have a lot of close female friends when he's in a relationship?

Should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

I would say no, as long as he doesn't get too comfortable with them But I understand where you are coming from.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I would say no, as long as he doesn't get too comfortable with them But I understand where you are coming from.

I have a lot of female friends and don’t see anything wrong with it because we are just friends and nothing more.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a lot of female friends and don’t see anything wrong with it because we are just friends and nothing more.

I know, it is just that I a crush on a guy who got way to close with girls, so I know the pain of seeing someone you like get close to a number of girls, while he just acts like there is nothing wrong.
You need to trust your partner. If you can't and they haven't given you any reason not to trust them then it's your own issues.
Should I be worried?

Was he friends with them before he knew you?
I know, it is just that I a crush on a guy who got way to close with girls, so I know the pain of seeing someone you like get close to a number of girls, while he just acts like there is nothing wrong.

I can understand that but does he act differently around you than he does with his friends
If so he probably likes you
Would you be saying the same if they were male friends?
I can understand that but does he act differently around you than he does with his friends

People say so, but he gets touchy with other girls and all that. And he would only talk to me when we have a lesson together, and outside lesson he doesn't talk at all.
Reply 10
Should I be worried?

yes, especially if they're attractive or better looking than you

same thing goes for girls with lots of close male friends too
Its risky

and I doubt he'd be ok with you having male friends. so play him at his own game
Original post by yungaheartz
Its risky

and I doubt he'd be ok with you having male friends. so play him at his own game

Exactly, play a guy at his own game. Never fails.
Yes be worried
He must be looking at this scenario thinking he can rag any puddhi with that lun and you wouldn't notice
Exactly, play a guy at his own game. Never fails.

That’s a bad idea for a number of reasons:
1. I’ve noticed that guys are clueless 98% of the time when it comes to things like these.
2. We feel friend zoned so often that we feel insecure about asking a girl out
3. Most of the time it seems as of the girl is interested in another guy which hurts for a little while but then we either accept it and move on or still hold those feelings and get hurt whenever talking to the girl so we tend to avoid her and sometimes try to make her feel jealous
4. Movies and T.V shows make us feel as if we either have to be complete strangers to the one we’re attracted to or be close friends and accept the reality that we are just friends.
5. We never feel right for the person we’re interested in and find every reason to not ask her out before doing so
6. We overthink the way we want ask someone up we normally give up
7. We normally look for a one on one opportunity to ask a girl out which never happens because girls are always in groups or crowded areas
8. Peer pressure gets to us. We feel as if our friends will make fun of us for asking a girl out or for being rejected( this happens more than you think)
Original post by Bluelax01
That’s a bad idea for a number of reasons:
1. I’ve noticed that guys are clueless 98% of the time when it comes to things like these.
2. We feel friend zoned so often that we feel insecure about asking a girl out
3. Most of the time it seems as of the girl is interested in another guy which hurts for a little while but then we either accept it and move on or still hold those feelings and get hurt whenever talking to the girl so we tend to avoid her and sometimes try to make her feel jealous
4. Movies and T.V shows make us feel as if we either have to be complete strangers to the one we’re attracted to or be close friends and accept the reality that we are just friends.
5. We never feel right for the person we’re interested in and find every reason to not ask her out before doing so
6. We overthink the way we want ask someone up we normally give up
7. We normally look for a one on one opportunity to ask a girl out which never happens because girls are always in groups or crowded areas
8. Peer pressure gets to us. We feel as if our friends will make fun of us for asking a girl out or for being rejected( this happens more than you think)

And when they think they can hurt us and get away, and treat us like crap? Then what? What about our feelings? My feelings?
And when they think they can hurt us and get away, and treat us like crap? Then what? What about our feelings? My feelings?

Of course its not OK for a guy to that i never said it was I was just trying to point out reasons why some guys have lots of girl friends. I'm sorry that your feelings have been hurt in such a way but some or most guys feel this way about a lot of girls. I was used by someone I became close to because she wanted to be friends with one of her other guy friends who had previously hurt her and made her feel like crap on numerous occasions. I'm not saying what guys do is right i'm just trying to show you this sort of thing goes both ways. I'ts clear the person that hurt you was very close to you but you shouldn't hold a grudge like this on every guy who comes into your life. If you would like to talk about this more just PM me.
Original post by Bluelax01
Of course its not OK for a guy to that i never said it was I was just trying to point out reasons why some guys have lots of girl friends. I'm sorry that your feelings have been hurt in such a way but some or most guys feel this way about a lot of girls. I was used by someone I became close to because she wanted to be friends with one of her other guy friends who had previously hurt her and made her feel like crap on numerous occasions. I'm not saying what guys do is right i'm just trying to show you this sort of thing goes both ways. I'ts clear the person that hurt you was very close to you but you shouldn't hold a grudge like this on every guy who comes into your life. If you would like to talk about this more just PM me.

Sadly, every guy comes my way like that.
Yes it is okay. You can't tell him to never talk to women.
I feel like this question gets jumped at a lot but at the end of the day a friend is a friend so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending