The Student Room Group

How do I cancel an accepted unconditional offer for a PGDip?

Hey,

I accepted an unconditional offer for a PGDip. Do I need to cancel this if I wanted to apply to another university for a different program? I'm not sure how applications work in the UK.

Thanks!
Original post by letsgetitgoing
Hey,

I accepted an unconditional offer for a PGDip. Do I need to cancel this if I wanted to apply to another university for a different program? I'm not sure how applications work in the UK.

Thanks!

No, you can hold multiple offers and acceptances. As a courtesy you should reject offers as soon as possible, because it might enable further offers to be made to others, but without any centralised application system, the control is in the applicants hands.
Original post by threeportdrift
No, you can hold multiple offers and acceptances. As a courtesy you should reject offers as soon as possible, because it might enable further offers to be made to others, but without any centralised application system, the control is in the applicants hands.

Okay, great. I was googling around and I kept seeing UCAS or something and people saying you need to call up right away and use the right terminology or it won't happen.

Thank you so much.
Original post by letsgetitgoing
Okay, great. I was googling around and I kept seeing UCAS or something and people saying you need to call up right away and use the right terminology or it won't happen.

Thank you so much.

UCAS is the centralised process for undergrad degrees. There is no similar organisation for PG though, you just apply to each institution using their own individual processes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending