The Student Room Group

Student Housing

Hey,

I've recently signed a contract to move into student housing on 02/06/18. I was wondering is there anyway I can get out of it since I haven't paid my deposit or any rent? The student accommodation is through 'Hunters' and I signed roughly a couple of months ago, so I'm definitely out of a cooling off period.

Thanks in advance

Dan
What exactly does the contract say about getting out of it?

Original post by DWMyers
Hey,

I've recently signed a contract to move into student housing on 02/06/18. I was wondering is there anyway I can get out of it since I haven't paid my deposit or any rent? The student accommodation is through 'Hunters' and I signed roughly a couple of months ago, so I'm definitely out of a cooling off period.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Reply 2
received_10214494098802446.jpeg
Original post by claireestelle
What exactly does the contract say about getting out of it?
Reply 3
Original post by DWMyers
received_10214494098802446.jpeg

That's all I can see in the contract in regards to early termination. I assume because I haven't started my 'Term' yet, it shouldn't be problem.
Original post by DWMyers
That's all I can see in the contract in regards to early termination. I assume because I haven't started my 'Term' yet, it shouldn't be problem.

They could mean the term of the contract rather than university term and the contract is binding from when you signed it.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
They could mean the term of the contract rather than university term and the contract is binding from when you signed it.

I was thinking it meant term of tenancy, rather than actual school term. I'm gonna pop down tomorrow and see what they say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending