The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
Nice :smile: would you be down at Bower Ashton doing Animation? As thats where I did my MA :smile:

Yes, but obviously a BA in Animation- I AM LITERALLY SITTING HERE WITH MY CHOICES OPEN READY TO CHOOSE MY FIRM
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Amy the Dolphin
Yes, but obviously a BA in Animation- I AM LITERALLY SITTING HERE WITH MY CHOICES OPEN READY TO CHOOSE MY FIRM

ah cool :smile: Mine was in Journalism. Bower is a nice campus, they've built a brand new building there which opened the September just gone, and its right next to Ashton Court.

The New SU that opened was at Frenchay, however, but yeah, I liked Bower. Small but nice :smile: I probs prefer it to Frenchay (where I did my BA) too!

Ah okay! I remember time! Gave me butterflies :lol: :hugs:
Has anyone gotten an offer for architecture ?
Reply 23
Original post by sophieroot3
Name: Sophie :h:
Course: Occupational Therapy
Predicted grades: AC

Omg, I’m from Swansea aswell🤣
Hey all!

This thread is for those planning on going to UWE in 2018.

Leave your name, course and accommodation preferences below.

If there are any current UWE students can you please let us know what the student life, facilities and lecturers are like ?! Do you feel isolated, how hard is it to get a job in your first year ? I also plan on studying law so if you have any information related to that please let me know.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by BiancaMD
Hey all!

This thread is for those planning on going to UWE in 2018.

Leave your name, course and accommodation preferences below.

If there are any current UWE students can you please let us know what the student life, facilities and lecturers are like ?! Do you feel isolated, how hard is it to get a job in your first year ? I also plan on studying law so if you have any information related to that please let me know.

Hi I’m Hazel, I’m planning on studying law aswell!! But with business😩 and I’m either going for Wallcourt Park with en suite (which everyone says is the most expensive) or student village with en suite which is a little bit less than wallcourt Park
Original post by haze.:)
Hi I’m Hazel, I’m planning on studying law aswell!! But with business😩 and I’m either going for Wallcourt Park with en suite (which everyone says is the most expensive) or student village with en suite which is a little bit less than wallcourt Park

Hey nice to meet you. You can message me and maybe we can swap our social media accounts or something if you want. I only plan on doing the normal LLB and I am thinking of applying for the Wallscourt Park as well. Have you made UWE your firm? I’m quite concerned about feeling isolated since the uni is quite far away from the main city.

I’m going for Wallscourt Park too! 😊
Reply 28
Ahhh no way x
Hey nice to meet you. You can message me and maybe we can swap our social media accounts or something if you want. I only plan on doing the normal LLB and I am thinking of applying for the Wallscourt Park as well. Have you made UWE your firm? I’m quite concerned about feeling isolated since the uni is quite far away from the main city.

I have a friend who was on Frenchay last year, she said transport is really good to the city and isn’t actually as far you might think, she said the SU is really good as well that do loads of stuff that maybe city people missed out on, hope that helps 😅 UWE is my firm and I’m going for Wallscourt 😊
Reply 30
Original post by olivia_dooner
I have a friend who was on Frenchay last year, she said transport is really good to the city and isn’t actually as far you might think, she said the SU is really good as well that do loads of stuff that maybe city people missed out on, hope that helps 😅 UWE is my firm and I’m going for Wallscourt 😊

Ah no way, living on campus isn all that bad, you have more opportunities to make friends x
Ah no way, living on campus isn all that bad, you have more opportunities to make friends x

Apparently it can take up to an hour and a half to get to Frenchay in the mornings, so I’ll be thankful to roll out of bed before lectures 😂
Reply 32
Apparently it can take up to an hour and a half to get to Frenchay in the mornings, so I’ll be thankful to roll out of bed before lectures 😂

Wtf it said on google a 7 minute walk😭
Wtf it said on google a 7 minute walk😭

I don’t know how true that is I just read it somewhere 😂
Reply 34
I don’t know how true that is I just read it somewhere 😂

That’s so crazy🤣
That’s so crazy🤣

I don’t really see why you wouldn’t live on campus if your course is there 🤷*♀️ you’re gonna make so many friends who are all wanna go into the city and go out together 😊
Reply 36
I don’t really see why you wouldn’t live on campus if your course is there 🤷*♀️ you’re gonna make so many friends who are all wanna go into the city and go out together 😊

Exactly, it’s so much easier and cheaper x

Hey Olivia! Thank you so much for replying! That sounds great! I think I will make UWE my firm choice as well. I just followed you on instagram (I hope it was you, you can private message me if you want to check) and maybe we can all start a group chat together. :smile:
Hey Olivia! Thank you so much for replying! That sounds great! I think I will make UWE my firm choice as well. I just followed you on instagram (I hope it was you, you can private message me if you want to check) and maybe we can all start a group chat together. :smile:

Heya I just got that and followed you back!! Feel free to chat away!! 😊
Hey, my names Amelia! I'm doing Business and Law with a foundation year. I'll be applying to Marketgate accommodation in the city. I there anyone else out there who's doing a foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending