The Student Room Group

Have I got any chance with this LNAT score?

Hi,

I applied to study law and already have offers from Exeter and Liverpool, a rejection from UCL and am waiting to hear back from Nottingham and Kings.

I'd really like to go to Nottingham but my LNAT score was only 18/42 and with the average being 19.99 and Nottingham apparently taking it heavily into consideration, is there little chance of me getting in?

Taking everything else into context, I'm predicted A*AA with mostly A*s and As at GCSES and think my personal statement was good and I took a lot of time over it .

I don't want to get my expectations up too much though so if anyone could be realistic and tell me if an offer is likely that would be appreciated.
Original post by Arisapo
Hi,

I applied to study law and already have offers from Exeter and Liverpool, a rejection from UCL and am waiting to hear back from Nottingham and Kings.

I'd really like to go to Nottingham but my LNAT score was only 18/42 and with the average being 19.99 and Nottingham apparently taking it heavily into consideration, is there little chance of me getting in?

Taking everything else into context, I'm predicted A*AA with mostly A*s and As at GCSES and think my personal statement was good and I took a lot of time over it .

I don't want to get my expectations up too much though so if anyone could be realistic and tell me if an offer is likely that would be appreciated.

Average doesn't indicate how many outliers there are, nor does it indicate the circumstances of the outliers. We would be merely guessing, but ultimately it is possible.

If Notts has an average of 20, it would suggest they don't place too much emphasis on LNAT. With all due respect to your 18, 20 is quite bad too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending