The Student Room Group

Which GCSEs are you choosing/did you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tooschool4cool
Oh no!! Which would you drop?

computer science in a heartbeat. definitely my weakest subject and the one i enjoy the least:s-smilie:
That's cool! My sister wants to do medicine and she has somewhat similar options to you:biggrin:

that’s nice to know! :smile:)
Ohh btw I didn't make this exact thread or anything... :angry:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5189340
Don't you need to do Chemistry and Biology?

Nope though I regret not taking Bio, physics is very useful but a pain in the neck
Don't forget to take a subject that you enjoy as well that way not everything will be dull and boring for you
I know they are a bit samey but they are my best subjects and I love them so much that I'm not going to change them! I know that I want to take them both to A-Level and possibly even degree, so yeah, I do want to keep them!! And my school encourages dual linguists as long as they are capable of doing well. Thanks, though:smile:

Dont get me wrong, i could still have done both, but thats just what my school recommended and their way of thinking. If you can manage both, then why not.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
computer science in a heartbeat. definitely my weakest subject and the one i enjoy the least:s-smilie:

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that!:frown:
Original post by Bill Nye

Omg I'm so sorry I didn't know!!
Original post by StudentGuy421
Nope though I regret not taking Bio, physics is very useful but a pain in the neck

Ahh, ok:smile:
Original post by StudentGuy421
Don't forget to take a subject that you enjoy as well that way not everything will be dull and boring for you

Mine are French and Spanish!
Original post by Emma:-)
Dont get me wrong, i could still have done both, but thats just what my school recommended and their way of thinking. If you can manage both, then why not.

Oh, yeah! Do you regret not doing both?
Original post by Bill Nye

I've edited the post now:smile:
french is quite difficult to get a good grade in idk but if u do decide to pick it make sure u spend time on it! i totally flopped my french gcse. messed it up completely.
Original post by mundosinfin
Hahaha I know, TSR is mostly full of people complaining about having to do compulsory languages and hating them but I mean everyone for their own :wink: (just means there's less competition for us hehe) It's no problem! If you want to ask anything else feel free :smile:

I knoww!! Thanks:smile:))
Oh, yeah! Do you regret not doing both?

Im glad i only took the one, as i loved my other 3 options and i wouldnt have been able to do all of them if id have done both. But i do wish maybe id done spanish instead of french. Basically because although i loved both up until the end of year 9, my french teacher in years 10/11 put me off it a bit. He was a very good teacher, and quite strict when he needed to be, but too cheesey for my liking and thought he was funny. Spanish would also have been more useful in that its spoken in more countries than french.
Im glad i only took the one, as i loved my other 3 options and i wouldnt have been able to do all of them if id have done both. But i do wish maybe id done spanish instead of french. Basically because although i loved both up until the end of year 9, my french teacher in years 10/11 put me off it a bit. He was a very good teacher, and quite strict when he needed to be, but too cheesey for my liking and thought he was funny. Spanish would also have been more useful in that its spoken in more countries than french.

Ahh ok. What were your other options?
Original post by ggxsywes
french is quite difficult to get a good grade in idk but if u do decide to pick it make sure u spend time on it! i totally flopped my french gcse. messed it up completely.

Ahh, it's honestly my best subject atm, so
Hopefully I should be ok!
Ahh ok. What were your other options?

Geography, sociology and business studies
Geography, sociology and business studies

And how did you find them?
And how did you find them?

I found them all ok actually. None of them were mega hard or anything. All were pretty interesting and not mega difficult or anything.
Ive always liked geography anyway. And business studies and sociology were both new subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest