The Student Room Group

What are you Planning to Do and Why?

What is your dream job or thing you want to achieve in the future and why? Or what have u chosen to do and why?
Im starting my own Youtube channel very very soon once I finish my epq lol. If I enjoy it I am going to continue, in the future I hope to use my Youtube as a 2nd hobby alongside my job.

I want to work for Google/Twitter/Amazon, idk its too early to know.

Also want to write my own non fiction book
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SuperHuman98
Im starting my own Youtube channel very very soon once I finish my epq lol. If I enjoy it I am going to continue, in the future I hope to use my Youtube as a 2nd hobby alongside my job.

I want to work for Google/Twitter/Amazon, idk its too early to know.

Also want to write my own non fiction book

What would ur YouTube be? Gaming? Vlogs?
Original post by hsalika
What would ur YouTube be? Gaming? Vlogs?

I don't want to reveal too much :tongue:, its not gaming or fitness tho :smile:. I will be delivering valuable content in an entertaining format (hopefully) xD
I would love to be a lawyer for MI5/6, or become the next Amal Clooney (with George Clooney as my husband too of course) :love:
Reply 5
Original post by SuperHuman98
I don't want to reveal too much :tongue:, its not gaming or fitness tho :smile:. I will be delivering valuable content in an entertaining format (hopefully) xD

have you done a lot of your EPQ? I'm thinking a youtube based EPQ could be pretty cool
Original post by yusyus
have you done a lot of your EPQ? I'm thinking a youtube based EPQ could be pretty cool

My EPQ is a 5000 word history essay unfortunately not youtube :tongue:
Original post by hsalika
What is your dream job or thing you want to achieve in the future and why? Or what have u chosen to do and why?

I always wanted to contribute to helping others in some way and wanted a career such as mental health nursing, counsellor etc as it was always something I felt passionate about. however i found obstacles after each attempt to try and get myself together and sufficiently lost the will to make anything decent of myself many years ago now.

Now I’m at an age where I consider it to be too late and now simply want to be happy and live in accordance to my personal beliefs, something which is unfortunately incongruent within my current context. Why? Because I am simply too old to form a ‘proper’ career now, due to other things that I need to focus on, most people my age are already well settled into their chosen field and I don’t have the luxury of starting all over again.

Sorry for the pessimism in an otherwise positive thread
I want to become a teacher. I enjoy sharing knowledge with people and like helping others. Teaching seems like a career that can give me both those things.
Original post by Manderley Inc.
I want to become a teacher. I enjoy sharing knowledge with people and like helping others. Teaching seems like a career that can give me both those things.

Primary or Secondary?
Reply 10
Get paid to faff around writing papers on Sanskrit and maybe do the odd bit of teaching.
My dream job is to be a director but working in film or media would be fantastic for me!
Is it just me who does not have a dream job yet/ unsure of what they want ?
Original post by Blackstarr

You are not the only one that is not sure about their dream job but what I do know is that I do not want to work for anyone anymore. I want to own my own business one day even though it will mean 24/7.

This has always been my dream from a young age to be an entrepreneur and I have been working as an IT Support engineer since the age of 18 and I am now 23 about to turn 24 this year and I love my job I absolutely love tech support but I don't see myself doing this forever.

I have always been confused or un-sure as to what I want to do and what business I want to go into and it is now that i just realised what I have been scared about, I love fashion, everyone that knows me knows that when you meet me, what you will notice is my hair and clothes and my face and so what I am gonna do is design my own clothes especially african clothes as I am from Nigeria and I love them. That is what am gonna do.

Thank you to opening my eyes. You actually helped me today:smile:

Thank you so much!!! I have always been scared of this but I am gonna do it!!
(edited 6 years ago)
BBC Pakistani Correspondent
Original post by Fasih123
BBC Pakistani Correspondent

really? i see you more as someone who would become the news rather than present the news.
Reply 16

Took me until I was 26 to have the definitive idea.

Nope... I dont know what I want do either lool
Win a MMA World Championship or at least open up a gym and train someone to become one
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
Win a MMA World Championship or at least open up a gym and train someone to become one

Oh damn. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest