The Student Room Group

How old do you want to be when you get married?

Scroll to see replies

When it feels right, I guess. I'm 25 and it definitely isn't something I want to do in the next few years.
Reply 21
Original post by DrXavier
Which group do you fit into ...

when do you want to get married? What would you do if you aren't married by then?

I don’t really want to put a number on it tbh, too much pressure.
But if I met someone that I wanted to marry (and who felt the same) then I would get it done! I’d like it to be before i’m old so I can look young and beautiful in a wedding dress. I’ve watched too much “say yes to the dress” to not get my time to shine... :angelblush:
Don't worry no one can take away you from me. Our future is in safe hands
Original post by Fasih123
Don't worry no one can take away you from me. Our future is in safe hands

You really need to stop.
You need to stop being jealous
Original post by cat_mac
I don’t really want to put a number on it tbh, too much pressure.
But if I met someone that I wanted to marry (and who felt the same) then I would get it done! I’d like it to be before i’m old so I can look young and beautiful in a wedding dress. I’ve watched too much “say yes to the dress” to not get my time to shine... :angelblush:

hahaha fair enough! Good answer. But still raises the question of what is old to you? Also one would hope that your husband would find you beautiful at all ages, it would be awful to grow old with someone who ceased to be attracted to you :O
by 30 so have 9 years to find a wife :lol:
Not thinking much past Tuesday, too scary! :wink:

35yo, maybe...
Mid to late twenties.
23 :h:
Reply 30
Original post by DrXavier
hahaha fair enough! Good answer. But still raises the question of what is old to you? Also one would hope that your husband would find you beautiful at all ages, it would be awful to grow old with someone who ceased to be attracted to you :O

I wouldn’t really want to be much older than 30, but it wouldn’t really be the end of the world. Like you said, as long as my other half appreciates me it’s all good!
Original post by cat_mac
I wouldn’t really want to be much older than 30, but it wouldn’t really be the end of the world. Like you said, as long as my other half appreciates me it’s all good!

Yes exactly as long as you are appreciated and made to feel good it does not really matter. I agree
Graduate at 21, work like mad until 25, get married by 26 hopefully.
23-26 I guess (∩_∩)
Probably never.
Reply 35
25. I'm 23 now so I have 2 years to find a man who is 'the one' and then tie the knot.
Yeh....that's not going to happen. It's stressing me out a bit since I want to have kids before I hit 30
Original post by Rum Ham
Me and my husband were both 25 when we got married and had been together for nearly 9 years at that point. It felt like the right time to get married and we were older than the ages our parents and grandparents got married at back in the day.

To me it's not so much the age that matters when it comes to getting married - it's more about how mature you both are, how long you have been together, have experience living together and how compatible you are.

you were together since 16???
Original post by xnotapplicablex
you were together since 16???

Yes. I was 16 and he had just turned 17.
Late 20s as the older you are when u have children, the more likely they'll have Down syndrome. Kids r so cute! (When they aren't screaming and crying)
Original post by Rum Ham
Yes. I was 16 and he had just turned 17.

omg, thats so sweet!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending