The Student Room Group

I'm a Hindu and need advice...

Hey guys.
So today out of curiosity I listened to a beautiful recital of The Quran on YouTube and I have to say it was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced like I felt like the recital was touching into the depths of my soul even though I didn't understand a single thing of what was being said .

At that split moment I had a thought of converting to Islam and it barely lasted for a minute but I for some reason feel guilty for a reason that cannot be justified...What are your opinions on this: Was it right for me to think like that? It will be helpful if someone can provide me with advice.
Are you happy being a Hindu?
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Are you happy being a Hindu?

That's the thing I'm confused about because I just feel like the religion has just been passed down from my parents so I feel like I have no say in whether I want to follow it or not.
change religion if thats what ur heart says
Original post by devianen
That's the thing I'm confused about because I just feel like the religion has just been passed down from my parents so I feel like I have no say in whether I want to follow it or not.

You don’t have to. If you don’t feel happy.
Reply 5
Original post by intelcore57
change religion if thats what ur heart says

I will be disowned by my parents the minute I convert to Islam.
Original post by Pigster
I call troll.

yeah I call Fasih123 too...
sorry but you just converted to islam and now deconverted so you must be stoned as an apostate

oh noes

I know, I feel as if you are stuck between both religions right now, but you need to keep in mind you listened to a recital once and thought that, it probably doesn’t mean you want to convert, it’s just a feeling.
Reply 10
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I know, I feel as if you are stuck between both religions right now, but you need to keep in mind you listened to a recital once and thought that, it probably doesn’t mean you want to convert, it’s just a feeling.

I feel like this is true in my scenario and thank you for your advice.
Hey, I’m studying Hinduism for GCSE but my knowledge still is a bit rusty. Honestly with religion there will be times you question. Even when some people say they never have, they have even just a little bit. Do more research and find more about Islam and see if those beliefs suit you better than your current ones that have been passed down. The thing about religion is that it often runs in families which get passed down and it’s all you’ve ever really known. But branch out if you want, it’s okay. Hinduism is a lovely religion because it mainly involves the belief of giving out selfless kindness. I don’t know enough about Islam to compare and contrast the two religions but your religion should be about your own journey and your personal beliefs. Maybe you might find a comfortable mixture of the two and make that work for you? Whatever you decide, I hope you are happy :smile:
Reply 12

i totally understand what you're saying. honestly sometimes non-muslims may feel the qur'an is a beautiful song rather than anything more. but if you really feel ties i would highly suggest that you study into islam and find out as much as you can. maybe tralk to some muslim friends if you have any?
hope you find peace , good luck ! xx
I feel like this is true in my scenario and thank you for your advice.

It’s fine, but just remember it happened once it might merely be a feeling.
Reply 14
Hi

I would advise you to research about both Islam and Hinduism or other ways of life and compare them all. While doing so, intend to search for the truth and the purpose of life. On this journey you may find guidance, the answers to your questions and the path you want to follow (God willing). Just remember to be positive, keen and patient while seeking for the answers. All the best. I hope you find peace, the truth and the answers to your questions God willing.
Hey guys.
So today out of curiosity I listened to a beautiful recital of The Quran on YouTube and I have to say it was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced like I felt like the recital was touching into the depths of my soul even though I didn't understand a single thing of what was being said .

At that split moment I had a thought of converting to Islam and it barely lasted for a minute but I for some reason feel guilty for a reason that cannot be justified...What are your opinions on this: Was it right for me to think like that? It will be helpful if someone can provide me with advice.

What do you mean was it right? It's not a question of right or wrong. The guilt is probably you feeling like you've "betrayed" Hinduism by wanting to convert, even if just for a split second. Why you feel like that only you can answer. Islam and Hinduism are pretty orthogonal religions though!

I was in Poland once, visiting Auschwitz with a Jewish group. At the end of the visit, they recited something from the Torah (I assume). It was really, really beautiful and in that moment I felt all the tiredness and pain from my visit fade away and it was like I was floating in the air. I don't feel like I've had that experience at any other point in my life. I didn't feel guilt (and I'm still Hindu)

Why are you Hindu? Do you believe in Hinduism? Explore your faith, explore other religions, explore atheism. Then you can make a decision about what you believe :smile:
Hey guys.

You should convert to Islam if that’s what your heart says. If only a Quran recitation has affected you this much then that says a lot. Go with what your heart says. I’m Muslim myself and Quran recitation is just beautiful and brings my mind to peace every time I listen to it and has this affect on everyone

youll find that is the case with most faiths. for example a muslim telling their parents they wanted to leave islam could be sentenced to death ( legitimately under islamic edict)
Original post by Unknown19x
You should convert to Islam if that’s what your heart says. If only a Quran recitation has affected you this much then that says a lot. Go with what your heart says. I’m Muslim myself and Quran recitation is just beautiful and brings my mind to peace every time I listen to it and has this affect on everyone

yes listen to some youtube tunes and convert to an ideology you cant leave without being put under death sentence.

this is wise advise for 2018

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending