The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Syed_Haque
If you no doctah, you no Asian.

Are you joking? I'm Asian but I don't want to be a doctor...
Sunday 18th February 2018
Not updated for a while even though I'm meant to update daily oops! On Friday I did 4 hours of revision using the Pomodoro technique :smile: I did more chem revision as I'm still making AS notes :redface: Saturday I did nothing- I got up late and then went to work in the afternoon! I came back in the evening, decided I wanted to do work but watched TV instead. Felt a bit guilty because I have so much to do! But I think I do deserve a break sometimes!:tongue:

Today I did 3.5 hours revision. Did yet more chem revision... and I did C4 Integration revision! Then, I made some econ notes on income wealth and redistribution. Integration is pretty easy tbh but my problem is that I can never remember the rules for standard integrals I REALLY need to learn them ASAP. :s-smilie: Also, I'm resitting S1 but haven't even looked over my notes yet but luckily I kept them from last year! I keep forgetting I'm doing it because I don't have any lessons...

And I got my exam timetable a few days ago turns out all my chem and econ exams clash so I'm gonna have to have 3 full days of exams, and on top of that I'll be stuck with invigilators all day :colonhash: Basically all my exams are in June- I have FP1 on the 14th May and the rest are in June. Counting down the days until the 25th June when I finish :biggrin:

I've decided I'm going to do at least 30.5 hours of revision a week from now on, with mocks coming up and I need to get a move on anyway. I have no idea if that's a lot but luckily I have Monday's off so basically have the entire day to revise!:tongue:

Hope everybody had a great (and hopefully productive) half term!:biggrin:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Always do what you are afraid to do"- Ralph Waldo Emerson :biggrin:

@mez_merising @Black Water @JamesInABox
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by sunshine774
Not updated for a while even though I'm meant to update daily oops! On Friday I did 4 hours of revision using the Pomodoro technique :smile: I did more chem revision as I'm still making AS notes :redface: Saturday I did nothing- I got up late and then went to work in the afternoon! I came back in the evening, decided I wanted to do work but watched TV instead. Felt a bit guilty because I have so much to do! But I think I do deserve a break sometimes!:tongue:

Today I did 3.5 hours revision. Did yet more chem revision... and I did C4 Integration revision! Then, I made some econ notes on income wealth and redistribution. Integration is pretty easy tbh but my problem is that I can never remember the rules for standard integrals I REALLY need to learn them ASAP. :s-smilie: Also, I'm resitting S1 but haven't even looked over my notes yet but luckily I kept them from last year! I keep forgetting I'm doing it because I don't have any lessons...

And I got my exam timetable a few days ago turns out all my chem and econ exams clash so I'm gonna have to have 3 full days of exams, and on top of that I'll be stuck with invigilators all day :colonhash: Basically all my exams are in June- I have FP1 on the 14th May and the rest are in June. Counting down the days until the 25th June when I finish :biggrin:

I've decided I'm going to do at least 30.5 hours of revision a week from now on, with mocks coming up and I need to get a move on anyway. I have no idea if that's a lot but luckily I have Monday's off so basically have the entire day to revise!:tongue:

You had a good and productive day! :biggrin:

Jesus Christ, 30.5 hours a week? I should start doing the same.
Original post by ChrollosLucifer
Jesus Christ, 30.5 hours a week? I should start doing the same.

:tongue: Well I'm only just starting from today (after slacking off for ages!) How much do you plan to do?
Original post by Black Water
You had a good and productive day! :biggrin:

Yeah I did! Did you have a productive week?
probably around 20 to start
probably around 20 to start

That's still a lot! I read somwhere you should spend at least 28 hours per week revising for a level... What subjects do you do?
Biology, chemistry and physics.
Biology, chemistry and physics.

Omg how do you deal with doing 3 sciences?! You must be so clever I can barely handle chem!
Reply 30
Yeah I did! Did you have a productive week?

Unfortunately no. Lots of procrastination but that won’t happen anymore
Physics isn't very theory oriented and a lot of it is common sense + calculations. Biology is alright if you memorise mark schemes and chemistry is mostly calculations too.
Unfortunately no. Lots of procrastination but that won’t happen anymore

Good to hear!:biggrin: When do you plan to start revising?
Physics isn't very theory oriented and a lot of it is common sense + calculations. Biology is alright if you memorise mark schemes and chemistry is mostly calculations too.

What would you like to do after A levels?:smile:
+ maths is a lot harder than all of them so I commend you for doing FM.
Reply 35
Good to hear!:biggrin: When do you plan to start revising?

Today because I have mocks in 2 weeks.
+ maths is a lot harder than all of them so I commend you for doing FM.

Well I think maths is easier.. And I'm only doing AS FM which is fine! Are you in the first or second year?
Today because I have mocks in 2 weeks.

Best of luck!:smile: Are you back at sixth form today? My mocks are in 4 weeks!
Reply 38
Best of luck!:smile: Are you back at sixth form today? My mocks are in 4 weeks!

Thanks and yeah we’re back today. You’re lucky. :smile:
2nd year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending