The Student Room Group

How long do you think it is before Trump is behind bars?

Scroll to see replies

Realistically, the guy is never going to be behind bars, as long as he's in-charge.
Original post by Caesar333
He's not been excellent. He's resorted to comparing his approval rating to Obama's - and Obama took over the country during deep recession where the country was losing 800,000 jobs.

There's no evidence of his base growing, if anything his base is getting smaller. His tax reforms benefit the rich, with middle class tax cuts being only temporary, a cheap way of winning some support. The broadened tax base not only disproportionately benefits the rich, but it also will leave america in severe debt.

And no, mexico is not paying for the wall.

The rich pay far too much tax now. Obama had no effect on the economy. There IS evidence of his support growing but the media won't mention it. the evidence is his detractors are being silenced.

Leave America in severe debt. RIIIIIIIIGGGHHHTT
Never.
Reply 63
Original post by yankeedog1953
The rich pay far too much tax now. Obama had no effect on the economy. There IS evidence of his support growing but the media won't mention it. the evidence is his detractors are being silenced.

Leave America in severe debt. RIIIIIIIIGGGHHHTT

You know when someone is so stupid, uninformed and ignorant to the point where it's not worth replying to? That's exactly what this post is folks.
There are not clear reports that "they" knew it would happen and if you can read you know it too. Quit being foolish.

What? Have you read any part or any section of the 9/11 Commission report?

The CIA and other intelligence agencies had reliable and clear intel on the attack. It was suggested that persons in the chain of command did not think it was highly likely, since it seemed too far-fetched.

I suggest you read up before engaging in a debate.
It won't happen. Regardless of what Trump has or hasn't done. Three reasons:

1. Mueller is far too contaminated. It's been let happen because it's so clearly so partisan and biased as to be pointless. If Mueller comes up with anything, the Republicans can just point to any one of dozens of fatal problems and it's done. One could even suggest that given how biased Mueller is, he should really have come up with more.

2. Hillary is the dirtiest politician in American history, the only possible exception being Nixon. If they give her a pass, they can't do anything about Trump without everything falling to pieces.

3. Following from this - if they do anything about Trump (or Hillary for that matter), American politics will just fall into a cycle of indicting your political opponents. No one wants that.
Reply 66
Original post by Trinculo
It won't happen. Regardless of what Trump has or hasn't done. Three reasons:

1. Mueller is far too contaminated. It's been let happen because it's so clearly so partisan and biased as to be pointless. If Mueller comes up with anything, the Republicans can just point to any one of dozens of fatal problems and it's done. One could even suggest that given how biased Mueller is, he should really have come up with more.

2. Hillary is the dirtiest politician in American history, the only possible exception being Nixon. If they give her a pass, they can't do anything about Trump without everything falling to pieces.

3. Following from this - if they do anything about Trump (or Hillary for that matter), American politics will just fall into a cycle of indicting your political opponents. No one wants that.

So your argument is that "Mueller is biased! There is a great conspiract working against trump". "Hillary! (even though she's irrelevant) and "who cares! let it be!"

Gotcha.
I’m surprised he hasn’t been assassinated yet.
Reply 68
Original post by euphrosyne

That'd be a victory for him. He'd be hailed a martyr and wont have to go to jail.
So your argument is that "Mueller is biased! There is a great conspiract working against trump". "Hillary! (even though she's irrelevant) and "who cares! let it be!"

Gotcha.

These aren't arguments of Trump's "innocence". They're practical reasons why (if he has done anything seriously wrong) he wouldn't face prosecution.

No matter which way you look at it, Mueller is so flawed as to be useless. That's why Republicans are so relaxed about it. Everything about Mueller is wrong. There's nothing stopping Trump just firing him - but he doesn't because he has nothing to fear politically.

Hillary is Trump's shield. If Trump goes down, Hillary and Bill both go down.
Original post by euphrosyne

This is what was said about Obama from the day he won the election, all through to his inauguration. Surprise, surprise, there were no massed waves of racist assassins ready to kill him.
Reply 71
These aren't arguments of Trump's "innocence". They're practical reasons why (if he has done anything seriously wrong) he wouldn't face prosecution.

No matter which way you look at it, Mueller is so flawed as to be useless. That's why Republicans are so relaxed about it. Everything about Mueller is wrong. There's nothing stopping Trump just firing him - but he doesn't because he has nothing to fear politically.

Hillary is Trump's shield. If Trump goes down, Hillary and Bill both go down.

Why is Mueller flawed? Do you have any evidence? He's a republican.

Republicans are far from relaxed lol.

This is just a lot of random jargon. No evidence, nothing. You're delusional. You have no evidence to back up this garbage.
Reply 72
This is what was said about Obama from the day he won the election, all through to his inauguration. Surprise, surprise, there were no massed waves of racist assassins ready to kill him.

Wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_threats_against_Barack_Obama#Assassination_plot_in_Denver

You raise a fair point. Maybe the days of Lee Oswald and the likes are long gone.
Why is Mueller flawed? Do you have any evidence? He's a republican.

Republicans are far from relaxed lol.

This is just a lot of random jargon. No evidence, nothing. You're delusional. You have no evidence to back up this garbage.

No evidence?

Hmmm... like the whole basis of everything that led up to this being based on stuff that came right out of Hillary's attack dogs? That Mueller's team is completely compromised with anti-Trump people who are on the record as wanting to bring down the Trump presidency?

The whole basis of the FBI being politicised beyond belief - saying they wouldn't indict Hillary before even knowing what she might have done?

Any of these things on their own is a serious problem for the credibility of anything coming out of the DoJ, FBI or Mueller - but together, it's impossible.
Reply 75
For crying out loud; In a report produced by some agency on possible terrorist scenarios it was mentioned one time that planes could possibly be employed as a weapon. To say anyone knew of the exact nature of the attack is nothing but stupid.

Since I didnt say that why are you waffling on about it to me?
Reply 76
No evidence?

Hmmm... like the whole basis of everything that led up to this being based on stuff that came right out of Hillary's attack dogs? That Mueller's team is completely compromised with anti-Trump people who are on the record as wanting to bring down the Trump presidency?

The whole basis of the FBI being politicised beyond belief - saying they wouldn't indict Hillary before even knowing what she might have done?

Any of these things on their own is a serious problem for the credibility of anything coming out of the DoJ, FBI or Mueller - but together, it's impossible.

You're waffling because you're actually clueless and ill-informed. This is, once again, complete crap.
Original post by Wired_1800
How long does it take to investigate a case that the media is saying happened? Either it is there and they have found it or nothing exists and they are just playing us for fools. Many insiders believe the latter is the case.

These investigations often take years, and most end with no charges being filed. Mueller has had several indictments in just a few months, something that normally takes over a year to achieve. So the good news is the investigation is moving very quickly.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
These investigations often take years, and most end with no charges being filed. Mueller has had several indictments in just a few months, something that normally takes over a year to achieve. So the good news is the investigation is moving very quickly.

That was what i wrote in my post. I think the investigation is just for due process since the world is watching the US. In the worst case, minor players in this saga will get indicted for random wrongdoing to satisfy those that want to get at Trump.

I personally do not think anything major will happen and this will be another waste of taxpayer dollars.
Original post by Wired_1800
That was what i wrote in my post. I think the investigation is just for due process since the world is watching the US. In the worst case, minor players in this saga will get indicted for random wrongdoing to satisfy those that want to get at Trump.

I personally do not think anything major will happen and this will be another waste of taxpayer dollars.

The pursuit of justice can never be a waste of taxpayer money. I personally didn't think an orange buffoon would become the president of US, but I was wrong. We will have to wait and see, for Mueller likes to dot his i's and cross his t's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending