The Student Room Group

Engineering Cambridge vs Dual Degree at Nanyang Technical

I'm going to apply to cambridge or nanyang technical (NTU) after I take a GAP year, but I can't decide which one based on lifestyle; i like the idea of both.

So I want to ask, is an engineering (electronics focused when i choose my modules) degree at cambridge better than a BEng in Engineering and a BA in Economics from NTU if I want to be in the electronic engineering industry OR banking in the future.

In terms of rep on QS, Nanyang is 1 below Cambridge on the rankings for engineering, but is in the 51-100 place for economics, which is still pretty decent, I guess.
Reply 1
Original post by Nathan.Brown.00
I'm going to apply to cambridge or nanyang technical (NTU) after I take a GAP year, but I can't decide which one based on lifestyle; i like the idea of both.

So I want to ask, is an engineering (electronics focused when i choose my modules) degree at cambridge better than a BEng in Engineering and a BA in Economics from NTU if I want to be in the electronic engineering industry OR banking in the future.

In terms of rep on QS, Nanyang is 1 below Cambridge on the rankings for engineering, but is in the 51-100 place for economics, which is still pretty decent, I guess.

Your first challenge will be getting the offers. After that then you can can decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Your first challenge will be getting the offers. After that then you can can decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I'll make sure to apply first and then decide (imagine that, showing up in Singapore, expecting them to just let you in :biggrin:)
Reply 3
Original post by Nathan.Brown.00
Don't worry, I'll make sure to apply first and then decide (imagine that, showing up in Singapore, expecting them to just let you in :biggrin:)

I hope your replies in a Cambridge interview are faster than that :wink:

By the way, you can go into a finance career with an engineering degree, but you can't go into engineering with an economics degree...
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending