The Student Room Group

How Do I get HER back? :O

Okay so to keep it simple,

I've been with an AMAZING girl for 1.5 years. She was everything. Good time.

Long story short, last couple of months, I made many mistakes Which include being insecure, asking about her past, calling her names. Asking her so many questions about everything which was unhealthy.

She broke up with me.

I regret everything I said, and I know I'm a type of person to change. I really want her back..

So during last month. I done the " no contact rule" it worked out. She still has feelings for me. We talk like once a week or so to catch up.

How do I get her back, apart from showing her I've changed?

Scroll to see replies

Give her the $500, she’d love it :rolleyes:
You really willing to spend $500 on her? Lol.
Start talking more, the rest will pan out
Here's your homework assignment. Read up as much as you can on how to satisfy a woman in bed.

Then mention to your female friend that you've been researching sexual techniques as you wanted to see if you could learn anything and improve in this area. Then tell her the most interesting / sexually exciting thing that you've learnt. Ask for her opininion on it. Does she think there's some truth in it, or does she think it's bull?

Basically drop hints that you'd love to do some sensual exploration with her. And then when you get her into bed, try what you've learnt. Forget about your own sexual desires and needs. Focus entirely on hers.

Throughout, you need to maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Do not criticise her ever. And avoid negative comments about anything. EG Don't say "The coffee here is too expensive".Or "The weather's awful today".

Even if you're not able to re-ignite your romantic relationship with her, at least you'll be a bit wiser and better equpped for the next woman that comes into your life.
(edited 6 years ago)
You offering a £500 reward
Jeez man you must be really desperate
I don't expect him for one minute to cough it up.
He's put it in the thread title to attract more responses. Can't blame him for trying his best.

This is hardly a legally enforceable contract we have on the table here.
**** 'er down.
d!ck
Reply 9
You need to meet up with her. Tell her you want to talk things over and apologise for your behaviour and suggest you go for food somewhere (somewhere she likes). Don't do the lame coffee date because it will feel unnatural and like you're already in the friend zone. You want her to be out having dinner and it reminding her of the good times you used to have. Apologise and don't make too many excuses or blame it on her. But also don't come across like you're begging for forgiveness and that you're some sort of pathetic needy guy who needs her approval. Otherwise she'll think she has you in the palm of your hand and will probably drag it out and make you grovel. Don't dwell too much on your past mistakes, talk about inside jokes instead and new things you've been getting up to. Don't lie and try too hard but do let her see that without her you've been getting on just fine.
Try and think back to what made your relationship exciting at the start and what made her attracted to you. Did she love your cheeky charm, how spontaneous you used to be, how you used to challenge and tease her etc. Bring all those elements back and make her feel like she's back in that dating bubble, before you got insecure and before the relationship became a drag.
If all goes well, you two will probably have a few too many drinks, flirt a bit too much for exes, do far too much eye f*cking and she will start to miss you even more. Then you can whisk her home and maybe even be like 'oh no we shouldn't' and make her think that it's a bit naughty to be getting involved again. But then you think 'f*ck it' and yeah you know the rest.
Like I said, you don't want to apologise too much. Obviously let her know you realise your mistakes. But if you apologise excessively then all the power will be in her hands and she'll feel like she doesn't need to try get you back cos you'll come running whenever.
If she doesn't agree to meet up just yet then continue the texting but make it funny. Again, remind her of how fun it used to be, don't try and be overly nice and soppy. But also don't text her all the time, end the conversation a bit early and leave her wanting more. Keep it fun and don't be that negative person you were towards the end of the relationship, don't start arguments and repeat your same mistakes. She's not gonna give you a tonne of chances so you need to actually show you've changed and aren't that person and that the break made you realise how wrong and out of line you were.

Also I know you're not going to give anyone any money and it's just to get the most advice but I got carried away.
Reply 10
Would love it but I know he isn't gonna give. Unless it was like HK dollars.
Sit her down after the long time of barely talking. And SPEAK THE TRUTH. Freal . Tell her everything which you have come to realise and what it will take for no issue to exist. Lay that out clear in front of her... then, Cement it in her head that you are fully aware of what it will take for you to make the issue better.. Tell her that you are serious about you/ her and each other, so mention to her out of sincerity.. How you will actively try for both of your happiness to remain. tell her how you are looking to move on forward correctly(with her). If she loved you once... Then trust me my friend... those feelings don't go away that easily. And by speaking the truth to her may ignite that little fire inside of her. At the end of the day man, she is your woman.. you know what she likes and doesnt. So speak with her In such a away where you will know for sure she actually took it in deep. - all of this was a guildline... I wish I could tell you what words to use and say... but fact of the matter is that you know her and you know how she is. So only you would know how to conversate properly. So whatever (the truth) shines bright enough for her not to miss it.The truth doesn't mean just one thing. Truth could be good or bad. If it's either or both. Make sure you come across as if you fully have understood all sides/parts. Remind her of the times she loved your relationship.. keep telling her the good moments. And then after everything.. ask why it can't go back to the
If she still has feelings for you, she’ll want to make it work too. It kinda has to work both ways. Maybe meet up for coffee, talk about what happened and ask her what she would like you to do to fix what happened and then go and fix/ change whatever she has asked. She should be willing to wait and be patient while you fix all of this :smile:
Continue to talk as normal.Ask her out for dinner, let her know you still have feelings and go from there.
Original post by relationship1237

Long story short, last couple of months, I made many mistakes Which include being insecure, asking about her past, calling her names. Asking her so many questions about everything which was unhealthy.

She broke up with me.

I regret everything I said, and I know I'm a type of person to change. I really want her back..

So during last month. I done the " no contact rule" it worked out. She still has feelings for me. We talk like once a week or so to catch up.

I know I shouldn't do this, but Im giving $500 via paypal to anyones who's suggestion works for me. I know you are helpful and it's unnecessary, but it's just to show how serious I am about this.

My legal senses are tingling, that is a dangerous unilateral offer to the world at large there! Cannot revoke in theory upon complete performance, so if you are successful you could perhaps be liable to anyone who said something helpful on this thread. Waived the necessity for communication of acceptance for such unilateral offers also.

My advice, be cool brah
Ill help you for half the price
Reply 16

She broke up with me.

I know I shouldn't do this, but Im giving $500 via paypal to anyones who's suggestion works for me. I know you are helpful and it's unnecessary, but it's just to show how serious I am about this.

ok, if it were me; chatting one a week is NOT enough she may have many things to tell you but since you only contact her once a week she could hold back so for her to see that you've changed/are ready to change im not saying you should bombard her with messages but make sure that the quality of the conversation shows a huge change in you (ask her about her day, empathise with her etc.).
plus you need to clear the air (about your behaviour)with her so sit down FACE TO FACE with her and tell her your insecurities so that she can feel like you're taking responsibility for the way you behaved, also for her to better understand you- automatically making you feel much more closer (since you've seeked closure).
i would also suggest being there for her at her hardest times~even if you can't do anything then and there, make sure that she knows that you sympathise with her i feel like that would help a lot more in her seeing that change in you.
hope that helped XD

She broke up with me.

I'm doing the no contact rule too. How'd you get back in touch with her after the rule? Or did she reach out?
Ok everyone, I really appreciate all your replies, especially the long thought out ones.

And as you can see I have not disappeared anywhere, or ran off to the bahama islands with $500 LOL.

Please keep your replies coming, I will read them.

I will also try the advice given by members on the thread, Thank you. If it does work out and I get back with her, I will for sure give the reward for the most helpful answer. That person can even screenshot the payment when it comes through to show I wasn't joking around :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm doing the no contact rule too. How'd you get back in touch with her after the rule? Or did she reach out?

Well on week 3 of the "no contact rule" she replied to my snapchat story saying somethingg. I ignored it. Then gave brief reply 4 days later.

Then week 4 she replied something again. That time no contact rule was expired, so I talked to her. Then I could tell she was missing me by the way she was saying how im doing and so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending