The Student Room Group

Depressed over always being alone and don't know what to do

I'm in my last year of uni and up until last year I hadn't even done anything with a woman before and even now I've only slept with 2 people and kissed 2 more. I've never had a relationship and everyone that I have done anything with has never wanted to meet up again. I have been told that I'm quite good looking but I can be quite quiet. Last year my friends told me I just need to put myself out there more so I started going out with them more, joined tinder, spoke to more people on my course etc and it's over a year later and I'm still single. All my other friends can just go on a night out and end up with someone practically every night and I'm always the one who's just on his own at the end of the night. I don't know what else I can do and its starting getting my really depressed. Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by michael1010
I'm in my last year of uni and up until last year I hadn't even done anything with a woman before and even now I've only slept with 2 people and kissed 2 more. I've never had a relationship and everyone that I have done anything with has never wanted to meet up again. I have been told that I'm quite good looking but I can be quite quiet. Last year my friends told me I just need to put myself out there more so I started going out with them more, joined tinder, spoke to more people on my course etc and it's over a year later and I'm still single. All my other friends can just go on a night out and end up with someone practically every night and I'm always the one who's just on his own at the end of the night. I don't know what else I can do and its starting getting my really depressed. Does anyone have any advice?

I don't think you should be using relationships to fill in the void in your life. Your friends are right, you need to to stop focusing on trying to get girls and live your life like normal. Do you not have any hobbies? Perhaps going to the gym?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
I don't think you should be using relationships to fill in the void in your life. Your friends are right, you need to to stop focusing on trying to get girls and live your life like normal. Do you not have any hobbies? Perhaps going to the gym?

Yeah I have hobbies, I go to the gym and a couple of societies. My friends never said to stop focusing on getting girls, they tried to help by encouraging me to join tinder and go out more. The void in my life is caused by the fact I'm alone so a relationship would fill the void.
Hey, what you need isn't a relationship, rather a distraction!

You're in your last year of uni so just concentrate on that for now.

Don't think about trying to chase girls and find one for now. The right one will come at the right time but first you need to create that scenario by getting out there and building yourself up! (:
Reply 4
Original post by Applepiex3
Hey, what you need isn't a relationship, rather a distraction!

You're in your last year of uni so just concentrate on that for now.

Don't think about trying to chase girls and find one for now. The right one will come at the right time but first you need to create that scenario by getting out there and building yourself up! (:

I have been getting out there and have been building myself up for ages now and nothing has come of it. I focused on uni, the gym and hobbies but nothing happened. Whenever I go out with friends, most of the time it is just me on my own at the end of the night because they always end up with someone.
Hey you're in the final year of uni.

Focus on that.

You can meet women through online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, through hobbies, through work, through your network and approaching women.

Dress well, groom well, have a good hairstyle.

Relax, have fun, have good body language.

Good luck
Original post by UWS

Whilst this is common advice in such a scenario, I'm not sure how true this is.

A romantic relationship is an important part of someone's life. I think it is entirely reasonable to want a romantic relationship, even if you have other hobbies, a rewarding career etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Analyst89
Hey you're in the final year of uni.

Focus on that.

You can meet women through online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, through hobbies, through work, through your network and approaching women.

Dress well, groom well, have a good hairstyle.

Relax, have fun, have good body language.

Good luck

The thing is, I've tried meeting women through every way you have mentioned and nothing has worked. I am still focusing on my last year of uni, I've been to most lectures and seminars and have made sure I am always up to date with my work.
Original post by michael1010
The thing is, I've tried meeting women through every way you have mentioned and nothing has worked. I am still focusing on my last year of uni, I've been to most lectures and seminars and have made sure I am always up to date with my work.

First impressions matter a lot and also the way you hold yourself, your behaviours are very important.

Could you ask feedback from females on how you could improve yourself?

It could be your personality, your behaviours, your body language, your conversation skills that needs to be worked on.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending