The Student Room Group

Study Abroad

Hi,

I'm really interested in Studying abroad and I know that my firm choice university offers it. Im currently filling out the student finance form on gov.uk. I'm on the page: "Where will you spend the most time during the academic year" under section 3- courses and fees. There are 3 options for each term (term 1, 2 and 3) and the options are "University or College", "Study Abroad" and "Work Placement in the Uk or Abroad". Under Term 2, do I select the "study abroad" box, or the "university or College" box? Does this affect anything else in the future in terms of applying? I am applying as an undergraduate with a conditional offer.

Any Help much Appreciated.
Original post by ComicalManiac
Hi,

I'm really interested in Studying abroad and I know that my firm choice university offers it. Im currently filling out the student finance form on gov.uk. I'm on the page: "Where will you spend the most time during the academic year" under section 3- courses and fees. There are 3 options for each term (term 1, 2 and 3) and the options are "University or College", "Study Abroad" and "Work Placement in the Uk or Abroad". Under Term 2, do I select the "study abroad" box, or the "university or College" box? Does this affect anything else in the future in terms of applying? I am applying as an undergraduate with a conditional offer.

Any Help much Appreciated.

Hi ComicalManiac,

What year would you be studying abroad for your firm choice ?

Thanks

Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi ComicalManiac,

What year would you be studying abroad for your firm choice ?

Thanks

Louise

I'm not too sure. The course I've applied to is Philosophy(V500) and it is a 3 year course. This is what they say on the Leeds University website:

"The University offers one of the widest ranges of opportunities for study abroad in the UK and over 900 Leeds students study abroad every year. This is the opportunity to turn your three year degree into a four year degree by spending a year studying overseas, and enjoy a once in a lifetime experience before your final year."

I'm guessing my third year will be spent abroad because it says the three year course will become a four year course and the study abroad year will be the one before the final year. Does this mean I have to put "Study Abroad" under term 3 when applying?
Original post by ComicalManiac
I'm not too sure. The course I've applied to is Philosophy(V500) and it is a 3 year course. This is what they say on the Leeds University website:

"The University offers one of the widest ranges of opportunities for study abroad in the UK and over 900 Leeds students study abroad every year. This is the opportunity to turn your three year degree into a four year degree by spending a year studying overseas, and enjoy a once in a lifetime experience before your final year."

I'm guessing my third year will be spent abroad because it says the three year course will become a four year course and the study abroad year will be the one before the final year. Does this mean I have to put "Study Abroad" under term 3 when applying?

Hi ComicalManiac,

You have to apply for funding for each year of your course , so you would indicate study abroad in year 3 when you apply for that academic year. If you are applying for 18/19 and this would be your first year you would enter University or college as location of study for terms 1,2 &3.

Thanks

Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi ComicalManiac,

You have to apply for funding for each year of your course , so you would indicate study abroad in year 3 when you apply for that academic year. If you are applying for 18/19 and this would be your first year you would enter University or college as location of study for terms 1,2 &3.

Thanks

Louise

ooohh, I understand now. Thanks, much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending