The Student Room Group

Boosting CV of a non-finance undergrad

Hi, I graduated in 2017 with a law degree from University of Nottingham, I obtained a 2:1. I started doing the Law Practice Course and realised that law is not for me. However, I am learning valuable skills from it such as learning how to understand balance sheets etc. I believe that my extra curriculum is pretty decent, I started a whole new society at University, was the president of the society, was on another committee, got involved in a lot of volunteering experiences including advising a real client on legal matters. I am interested in applying for the internships at IBs but I am confused as to what I should do to boost my CV to show my interest in IB. Do you need to have work experience to apply for internships? I'm conscious of the timing as well because I would like to send my application soon as I know most IBs recruit on a rolling basis.
Relevant work experience would boost your chances, but any types of work experience with transferrable skills that you undertook during your time at uni could look good on your CV. It is a good idea to show what made you want to change your career direction to investment banking, why you are interested in it and also that you have some knowledge of the area.
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Relevant work experience would boost your chances, but any types of work experience with transferrable skills that you undertook during your time at uni could look good on your CV. It is a good idea to show what made you want to change your career direction to investment banking, why you are interested in it and also that you have some knowledge of the area.

how do you show why youre interested/wanted to change on a CV?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending